odst and marine armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

link4044

Sr Member
looks like they have the same armor

halo3marines2.jpg

are you sure that isn't a new pilot? I mean thats the only thing close to an ODST I saw in the movie but that doesnt mean a thing

im not for sure, but if you watch the trailer he will trun his head and it does look like a odst

I think it's a pilot, why would an odst be flying a pelican? plus his chest plate looks extremely different then some concept art I've seen

well in H2 pilots helmets where more round and they had just the goggles that were gold that one is a blue full face shield....im thinking its a ODST helping out MC and the SGT. to fly somewhere else

well now looking at the helmet I noticed this one had a little part coming up into the goggles from the chin like in the picture below, where as the odst's just have a full face visor. Also remember that in previous halo's pilots and marines have the same armor, and that ODST's are supposed to have superior armor to them because of the missions they face.

military_jet_pilot.jpg

if you look at your avatar its the same armor as the marine but in black....i'll post another pic when i get home

another view with his head turned
h3odst.jpg

ODST General said:
are you sure that isn't a new pilot? I mean thats the only thing close to an ODST I saw in the movie but that doesnt mean a thing
ya that one was an odst cus in the background on the wall it says 'ODST' but gets cut off by one's head.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you look closely at the pilot, his helmet, instead of propping so that theres a visor in front of his mouth, rises up to cover his nose, and protrudes similarly to present-day pilots oxygens masks. pilot FTW.

spartan -1 @ Caboose said:
if you look closely at the pilot, his helmet, instead of propping so that theres a visor in front of his mouth, rises up to cover his nose, and protrudes similarly to present-day pilots oxygens masks. pilot FTW.

then how come the sarge isnt wearing one

Last edited by a moderator:
on a more serious note, you may notice there is no tube attached, therefore it probably doesnt serve the same purpose as the modern pilots mask, and is just there to make him appear pilot-like

or maybe, at the time, no oxygen was required to be in use, and the mask is just a precaution, similar to the chief's.

That is a pilot. The ODST wear jet black armor, and don't really pilot spacecraft. ODST stands for Orbital Drop Shock Trooper, which basically means they drop down in the HEV (Human Entry Vehicles) featured in Halo 2 on the level Delta Halo. Once on the ground they function just like any marine squad, but are the only ones to do the daring drops, hence their nickname "Helljumpers". The pilot featured in the E3 Trailer has the same chest piece armor as Sgt. Johnson, and green army fatigues. The ODST wear black and grey fatigues.
3odst.jpg
n641820866_300802_2303.jpg

Twisty and confusing

I think bungie made a whole new twist just to make us confused but just because you see the pilot have a odst visor doesnt mean it is one. I think its just a marine in a tight suit. but anyways Halo 3 rules! :clap:

i dont know, theres tha tone scene it was deleted where a pelican had all ODST in there and i think one was a pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back