ODST Armor (NO PEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good! Hope it keeps its shape, can't wait to see it finished. Are you going to deck out your school bag ODST-style or just use it as is for spirit day?

I thought about doing that, but the issue is that my backpack is pretty heavy, and I'm worried that it might crush or break the straps for the chest piece. I'm probably just going to carry it around, or try using a lighter bag.

Just a quick update: I finished painting the rest of the armor pieces, and I'm letting them dry for now (ill add pics either tomorrow or tuesday).
I did start working on a combat knife while I waited, and this is it so far.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Anywho, I only have to add a decal to the chest, and everything should be done! :)

Is it wood or cardboard? Is there a sheath? Also, where on the armor are you putting it(not for the school day, obviously).

The knife itself is cardboard, its just 3 layers of the same cutout. I haven't built the sheath yet, in part because it's so big that I don't know where to attach it. Right now I'm thinking it'll be on the chest or the thigh.
The big day is tomorrow, so it's likely that I'll get the knife and the sheath attached at a later date.

UPDATE:
ALL RIGHT!
Completed the armor a few days ago, but couldn't take pictures due to HW and constant rain.
So far, so good. I only had a few pieces separate, but were quickly fixed with the magic of duct tape. One of my shoulder pieces broke off somehow and I don't know where it went (Wasn't super important)
Here's the first picture, and I'll have more up by the end of the day! :D

unnamed (29).jpg

Thanks to the people who helped me out on here! Couldn't have done it without ya :)

unnamed (29).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ya its just cold here. minnesota weather... flippen hot for 3 months then flippen cold all the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back