ODST Armor (NO PEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad News:
Unfortunately most of my armor either fell apart or suffered broken straps as the day went on. Pretty much everything except for the helmet and the arm guards are broken.
The chest piece split in half when I was trying to sit, taking most of the cardboard that it was originally glued to with it. I was able to duct tape them back for the day, but there's no way for me to repair them completely.
The shoulder straps broke off, and 2 of the upper side sections fell off at some point during the day.
The hip plates kept separating themselves from the belt when I was moving.
The thigh straps tore somehow, not to mention that they kept sliding around my legs, even though they were tied in place.
Lastly, the shins folded in on themselves and were flapping around whenever I was walking. I attempted to use duct tape, but it only solved the problem for about an hour at a time.

So, I only have 2 of the original 7 sections left.
I'll probably just design my own chest, shoulder, belt, and leg armor, and build it with foam. Get creative and build my own character/armor type.

Oh nooooooo!!! That sucks! Did you not make it originally the last time? Anyway, look on it as an opportunity to improve, if that's any consolation..

Ahh i meant that I'd design my own pieces instead of taking reference from in-game versions.
And thats true about improvement! I've got a few ideas I want to try :)

Going totally off-book, huh? That's interesting. Will you still be using this thread or will it be somewhere else?

I'll probably start a new one once everything gets moving. I've got SATs this weekend so it probably won't be until sometime next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back