ODST Build (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian45

Hi 405th! this is my first tuturial/progress thread. I have been working on and odst helmet for the last week and i decided to post my progress in a thread. i used the odst3LETTER_Rundown.pdo. i apologize because i dont know who to credit for they hard work on this helmet. with that out of the way i am only doing a helmet for now and if it comes out well enough i might make the rest of the armor.

what time is it?
PICTURE TIME!!
P8040451.jpg

P8040452.jpg

as you can see there are some areas with tape but my plan is to bondo over those peices and cut out the details then
P8040453.jpg

P8040454.jpg

if you noticed that on the ear that piece isnt cut out. that is because i will cut the detail out when i bondo it
P8040455.jpg

more tape
P8040457-1.jpg

hot glue filler haha
P8040458.jpg

i used some tin foil behind the tape to give it a little support
P8040460.jpg

and more examples of where i decided to tape now, detail later

tell me what you think, give any suggestions. later in the week i will put up the progress of me resining it an fiberglassing it.

till next time,
ian45

YAY for Pic's. Anyway I never heard of anyone using the "Tape & foil" method it seems like a good idea to temporarily fill in spots but my only concern would be about how it could react to the Glass and resin. But keep it up it will be nice to see this finished

Last edited by a moderator:
so the other day i did 2 layers of resin on the outside and are some pics
P8050461.jpg

P8050464.jpg

remember try to do this in a well ventilated area
P8050466.jpg

P8050463.jpg

i used the basic bondo fiberglassing starter kit and i needed a cheap paintbrush and a knife to open the hardener
P8050469.jpg

this is why you want to get a CHEAP paintbrush because it is only a one time use object
P8050470.jpg

here it is after one coat of resin and i didnt take pics of the second coat. i didnt think it would matter
P8050471.jpg

P8050472.jpg

P8050473.jpg

i also went ahead and fiberglassed the inside but because of the heat the resin hardened 2 quickly and i had no more resin. i did however fiberglass some of the top and sides. and a question, what problems could come up if there is a bubble in between the fiberglass and the helmet?

since i didnt have resin i decided to start on the rest of the armor. first i would do the thighs
P8080478.jpg

P8080479.jpg

P8080480.jpg

P8080481.jpg

the thigh peice was just labeled thigh mand im wondering does the jutted out piece go in the front or back?
the title of the pep file is ODST by Hugh Thigh Armor.

that is all i have for now
till next time,
ian45

Air bubbles become holes if you sand into them from the outside.

You should also wear a respirator, even outside.

Pretty awesome that's what i'll say :D im also building an ODST for a while now. but still im far from finish. Goodluck though! I hate to see that im the first to start they're the first to finish. but....... I LOVE to see more ODSTs!!!!!!! :D

sorry to everyone following this thread but i need to stop for awhile and put it on the back burner. school is starting soon so i need to finish my summer projects:angry:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back