ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I used to make my fume hood:
Blower fan ($21): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C82SZRM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Air Duct ($15): VIVOSUN 6 Inch 25 Feet Non-Insulated Flex Air Aluminum Ducting for HVAC Ventilation w/Two 6 Inch Stainless Steel Clamps - - Amazon.com
Cardboard: find it
Led's: (optional) I had them

The fan I used is able to cycle through all the air of the fume hood every 15 seconds, which is much faster than you need, but for the price I like the extra safety. With this thing, I can comfortably use contact cement and shoe goo in my bedroom/apartment, and even dry parts indoors overnight. I also use it for painting, but if you want to spraypaint with it you'll want to put some corrugated cardboard behind it (the thick boards with a bunch of holes, often used as cat scratchers) so that the extra high-velocity paint gets trapped in the cardboard holes rather than bouncing and leaving the hood.

I know it works because the one or two times I forgot to turn it on before using contact cement, the difference was night and day. When I'm shoe gooing though, I also use a respirator for safe measure.
IMG_20190831_204504.jpg

Last edited:
I like that idea. I have to admit to not being cautious enough when working with some chemicals as I should be. At a min I work out in the garage w/ a window open right in front of my workspace and usually w/ the back door and garage door open to create a cross-breeze. I hope to eventually have a dedicated workspace where I’ll build a dime hood and paint booth.
Well now I’m very glad I asked this question

With this thing, I can comfortably use contact cement and shoe goo in my bedroom/apartment, and even dry parts indoors overnight.

That's going a be a little more complicated when it gets to the colder Wisconsin weather. I guess you can close your door and still warm your room back up after, but it won't be fun. There might also be the problem of glue curing within the cold room.

I'd make a little campfire and roast some marshmallows so the glue can dry

That's going a be a little more complicated when it gets to the colder Wisconsin weather. I guess you can close your door and still warm your room back up after, but it won't be fun. There might also be the problem of glue curing within the cold room.

I'd make a little campfire and roast some marshmallows so the glue can dry
I'm not too worried about the heat, my room has its own radiator on top of a couple beast gaming rigs happy to help.

Edit: Then again, I've put a lot of work into making my room's ventilation very good. I guess it's gonna be a classic battle of RandomRanger vs RandomRanger, it's always hard to tell who the winner will be.

Halo suit

Wow your work is super cool, really impressed with all your creativeness! Keep up the good work! Also you should check out my Pinterest of the suit I made, it’s completely custom, I didn’t use any templates it’s all from my eyes just look me up on Pinterest under the name of “Kyles Kreation’s” there I have a breakdown of each piece like the helmet, the torso, shinguards, the gauntlets and the boots. I took the pictures as I was going so it kind of shows a skeleton through finished project and that might help some decide how to start their suits. If you pop on by my Pinterest leave a like and comment that you came from the 405th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back