ODST Chest help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir HappyBear I

Hello everyone!

So i started on my first cosplay ever last week, my own ODST. Today i started working on the torso base and i ran into a little problem earlier. if i attatch the straps that go over my shoulder to the front of the torso i don't think i will be able to fit my head through the hole. Have any of you encountered this problem before? and how can i fix this?

is it possible to share a picture of the torso? it would make finding a solution easier!
Sure! As you can seen i only have so glue one last piece and the torso base is finished but i'm not able to fit my head inside the hole.

Attachments

• 20191123_230708.jpg
    20191123_230708.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 151
  • 20191123_230711.jpg
    20191123_230711.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 169
Sure! As you can seen i only have so glue one last piece and the torso base is finished but i'm not able to fit my head inside the hole.
I'd suggest cutting away some material on both sides all the way to the first foam strip where the nylon strap would go, a few CM on each side can make all the diffrence, unless it is really tight, futher cutting might be needed you could always use some back pac buckels to connect the 2 halfs of the chest together, if glued properly inside the chest you could be able to only have a small seam!

Agreed with Zachary, trimming a few centimeters may make a world of difference. If it's a tight fit now, keep checking as you build further and connect more seams in case changing the shape warps the foam into a shape you can no longer squeeze into.

I had the same problem, the chest piece was too tight for my head to get through. My straps could go diagonal to the area where my head went through so maybe positioning the straps a few centimeters out from the opening could help in addition to trimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back