Odst Dutch Skull Decal

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i just bought a dutch helmet and im wondering, how to get the dutch helmet skull decal on my helmet? if anybody has a stencil, or a file for the skul, or anything that can help us dutch builders out, please post it in this thread.
7e1764d0.jpg

34cdcb62.jpg

4bbe8246.jpg

f51dd5a1.jpg

82b511a5.jpg

as you can see dutch is not the same without his skull decal so please post !

my roommate freehanded one on to our dutch. im not sure what he used exactly, but it reminds me of chalk in the way it looked after he was finished. after he was done we hit it with a clear coat to seal it in. it looks great. you should try your hand at it. stencils would be really hard to pull off since its a curved surface, and i think link does have decals, but i believe he freehanded the cutting. i cant remember for sure, tho.

they way i did my Dutche helms was to take painters tape and tape off area then draw the teeth out and cut them very slowly and gental with and xacto knife then pull out teeth pieces and tape of rest of helm then shoot teeth you can go through my photobucket and see some finished pics

(under sig)

Here's How I apply "Picture Decals": This method is a culmination of some high school art techniques and Games workshop Insignia Painting method.

1. Find a way to get pencil of that decal's Basic shape on the piece of armour. This can be achieved by drawing it on, or even a pencil rub-on. (minor details are not worth the effort and are not even visible anyways.)

2. Fill in the pencil with a detail brush using waterbase paint or whatever hand paint you prefer to use.

3. Choose the background color (black for ODST, Green for Master chief, etc.) and Use it to paint inverse details such as lines, writing, numbers, etc.

4. Touch up as necessary and weather the decal if you want to.

Heres a Step by step. Even though I'm not doing Dutch, it still gets the point across. Click to Enlarge.

Decaling.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back