Odst Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punkrockguy182

Hello everyone! I am new to this site so I don't know where this should be posted, but as seeing as I am a N00b I'll post it here. My name is Jon, and I'm from a local Gamestop in Santa Maria, CA. We are going to be holding a midnight launch for the game Halo 3:ODST and we are looking for people interested in showing up for the midnight event of the date of release in a halo suit. Anyone interested please reply or e-mail me asap. We will give a copy of the game away to anyone showing up that is approved by me =D

Thanks, Jon.

Punkrockguy182 said:
Np, Np, we don't think anyone that has a suit lives near here but if anyone does =D

I think there's a few people here in California. Not sure about Santa Maria.

Last edited by a moderator:
Underdogg13 said:
I think there's a few people here in California. Not sure about Santa Maria.

Well, I know for our store we just got the okay to give away a free copy of the game but if anyone wants to call their local Gamestop and see then who knows =]

Punkrockguy182 said:
Well, I know for our store we just got the okay to give away a free copy of the game but if anyone wants to call their local Gamestop and see then who knows =]

i called my gamestop...they not sure about giving ODST away to anyone whho wears armor... :( *cries*

but that won't stop me trying to finish my MARK VI Helmet!!! >:D

Ah... glad you made an account. I'll move this to the Halo forum so more people see it.

I'll probably be at the midnight release in costume in Chino, CA.

*hopes they're feeling generous! haha*

Enrisan said:
I'll probably be at the midnight release in costume in Chino, CA.

*hopes they're feeling generous! haha*

Its definitely worth giving them a call to find out. Well anyone else have anyone that may be able to come to our event?

The games release is on the 22nd, with the midnight launch being on the 21st so we are a little pressed for time.

Thanks, Jon

You could try posting in the 'California Halo Costuming Group Thread', where a lot of the Californians have posted their locations, etc. Not sure how many finished costumes there are but it's worth a try:

LINK

Those in Washington and unsure of going... Just a little thing I spotted off of twitter via VicDeLeon.

"#ODST LAUNCH PARTY ADVICE: partygoers wearing #Halo themed costumes will be rewarded handsomely. That's all I'm sayin."

Went to 4 gamestops, and none of them really care to see my ODST costume there. Tell you what, gamestops in Austin are LAAAAAAAAAAAAME. but I'll go for the customers, then probably find a better launch locale for next time.

Such as going to the Washington release party. I kind of wish they let us know about it further in advance so that I could have planned a flight there.

- Adulese

Adam said:
Went to 4 gamestops, and none of them really care to see my ODST costume there. Tell you what, gamestops in Austin are LAAAAAAAAAAAAME. but I'll go for the customers, then probably find a better launch locale for next time.

haha i didnt know you had a odst set, but thats suprising, id expect it to draw eyes and questions. They had pizza at our ebgames, and they let us test out the new maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back