Odst For Noobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcobb117

First off let me say that i have been actively participating in armor making for about three years and ill be the first to say that in that time i have had alot,ALOT OF TRIAL AND MOSTLY ERROR. however i had not known about the 405th until i found a painting tutorial by Adam which made me want to join. I have been working on ODST armor and helmets and have had good success with it, looking to help anyone who needs to know where to start. i feel i need to give back for all of the great help and guidance i have recieved from many of the 405th members, you know who you are and i would like to help any one out there who is interestd.

Welcome to the 405th! I'd love to hear more about your construction techniques, I'm always into learning new things, and I'm slowly progressing on my own ODST build.

How did you shape your visor? been looking around and found some pretty interesting techniques...

Gearsofhalo said:
heyy look its Jcobb from youtube!!!

Hhahahahah thats cool man how did you know. lol. yeah i have been posting so much crap on youtube that i have been neglecting my forum posts, but im putting in work now lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
MIRAGE said:
WELCOME TO THE 405TH

Nice helm, what materials did you use??

i used the pepakura technique with heavy cardstock then, i fiberglassed the inside using fiberglass resin and strips of the fiber glass cloth. then i smoothed it all out using bondo. the picture is of the helmet before it was cast as a referance to just what it is as a finished piece.

Sithslayer78 said:
How did you shape your visor? been looking around and found some pretty interesting techniques...

yeah at first i struggled with good techniques on making a visor and for this helmet, which is now been further smoothed with cleanclay and the visor shaped more(its too ugly to show yet lol) i used really thin plixi glass and trace the unfolded visor from the pep model and bent it, then i tinted it with rub on limo tint, not the best method but it worked for a temporary visr. I got some helpful tips from Rube and ithica, i used a clear casting resin and mixed it with rit clothing dye, a very small amount of black and poured this into a latex mold of the visor. when this hardened, i pulled the cast from the mold and applied a two in strip of clay to the outside and trimmed it to fit snugly into the helm. then made a second mold with the clay strip so that the finished visor has a lip around the outside that fits flush on the inside of the helmet for mounting.

Just a heads-up, it's generally frowned upon to do multiple replies in a row like that. Just so people aren't artificially inflating their post count, ya know? Would be good if you could combine all your replies together.

SpartanW27 said:
hey jcobb lol. your pro man. Why dont you put up stuff about your other projects like you hammer and busa?

well , i spend a crap load of time at work so i squeeze it in when i have a chance but i do this mostly for fun i dont really want any credit for what i do. personally, we are all artitsts and we are here to share our artwork nothing more nothing less. i think that the 405th community is great because we all help each other to better our own projects and further our knowledge . but i will post more in time.

R3CLA1M3R117 said:
well , i spend a crap load of time at work so i squeeze it in when i have a chance but i do this mostly for fun i dont really want any credit for what i do. personally, we are all artitsts and we are here to share our artwork nothing more nothing less. i think that the 405th community is great because we all help each other to better our own projects and further our knowledge . but i will post more in time.

Well now that it's been brought up you have to post some pics of your hammer and busa. I am always interested to see other's work and works in progress. Even if there are already those same projects completed by other it is always interesting to see others work; everyone's work is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back