ODST helmet Pep build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Cow Rebel

Hi all, I'm hitting the ground running with this one. It is a Kirrou model which, from what I gather is the most detailed up halo 3 model ever made to the date.

It's already pep'ed and has the first coat of resin on it, to be followed shortly by fiberglass mat on the inside.

IMG_20180828_1838070.jpg

IMG_20180828_1838070.jpg
photo.php

I plan to use the visor as a vac forming buck.
not sold on any colour schemes yet but leaning towards the live action trailer helmets colours.

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else, but the pic isn't loading for me. And welcome to the 405th.

Still not working. My suggestion would be to create a gallery of your own on the 405th, and upload it there. (The Gallery link at the top of the page will start you). Then you can easily insert the images from your gallery.

Still not working. My suggestion would be to create a gallery of your own on the 405th, and upload it there. (The Gallery link at the top of the page will start you). Then you can easily insert the images from your gallery.
figured it out thanks

I don't know what that Mini Fibre is, but you can get fiberglass mat or mesh at any auto store or hardware store. If you go to a hardware store, it's in the automobile section. Your helmets looked like they're pepped very well, so the thought of ruining them by using an unknown material is making me nervous.

thanks, I think i'll take your advice. This stuff was pretty cheap so I don't feel let out. I'm sure i'll find a use for it.

I was hoping to get a hold of mat because I think it would conform better than mesh to the insides of the helmets

I was hoping to get a hold of mat because I think it would conform better than mesh to the insides of the helmets

I've used both, and the only difference I remember noticing was that mesh was easier to work with. They both conform to shapes pretty well if you glob enough resin on them. But mat works just as well, so there's nothing wrong with using that.

I am now wandering what sort of coating I can put inside to cover the fiberglass. I was thinking about a few coats of black rustolium but if anyone has any thoughts I am open to suggestions

A good coat of almost anything to seal away potential fume bad- guys would go down proper. Just be sure you have a good surface to mount the padding to.

yes that is the main reason I wanted to seal it. Those fumes are strong. but any padding recommendations? I am looking for something that is not a good insulator and preferably not too spongy?

Really, I like having a little padding in all the specific places you'll need it, and keeping the rest of the space empty. That makes it easier to install fans, lights, etc...

I'd recommend the top of your head, sides, back, and anything you need around your chin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back