Odst Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODST1220

Hello 405th members, a few days ago I posted pictures of my first ODST helmet progress and asked for some advice on how to fix it because it had warped when fiberglassing. I decided to start a new helmet so it's just sitting around unfinished and I cant just through it out, I was wondering if someone could help me fix/finish it or trade it for somthing?

id say just throw it on a shelf... i have 1 or 2 bad helms (nothing as warped as this) but i just couldnt stand throwing them out, so now they sit in my shop as a reminder of what not to do. and if your new helm is the one in you avatar, it is looking much nicer already. having the paper visor installed while fiberglassing works magic, and im guessing with your first you didnt? when you go to resin/glass your new one, just take your time, and it will get there.

as far as trading someone, i doubt you will be able to find someone willing to trade... Sorry.

P.S. this really could of just gone in your old topic.

I dont know, but try to add struts/supports next time. i personally use cut wooden dowel rods to support structure.

Ok I am starting on my second odst helmet now when i get to the resining part how many coats should i do on either side, should i paint the resin on the inside and while its drying lay the fiberglass, or should i soak the fiberglass in the resin then lay it(this method was very messy last time) and how do i get the fg to stay in place? I was wondering, I sized the width of my chest and got 110cm now should I just enter it into the pep. program I am doing the odst armor, or do i need to change anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back