ODST Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archa

Hey guys im new here so i thought id let you know what i was making.
im wanting to make an ODST Helmet from halo 3 / the Weta shorts.
im going to make it out of metal, because i wanted it to be as realistic as possible,
i will end up making the whole suit but best i start at the helmet,

the reason i decided to do this was becuase i was going to make a 1.1 scale real warthog thats drive-able ( i nearly bought a land rover chassis )
i then decided that it would be abit extreme for a warthog to be my first thing i make so decided to do something abit smaller ( the ODST suit to drive it in ) :D

any tips for the helmet would be apreiciated but i have a rough idea what im going to do
ill use plate metal and form the different parts sepereatly then weld/braze them together but i dont know whats best to use as a base - thing for it. :cautious:

PM me if you need the helmet/torso files ready to print, I took my good old saturday afternoon 2 weeks ago making them.

AoBfrost said:
PM me if you need the helmet/torso files ready to print, I took my good old saturday afternoon 2 weeks ago making them.

files for metal helmet?

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know how to bend a motorcycle visor so i can get the shape of the ODST visor, i want to be able to do this without burning it or snaping or melting it to a blob.

Cut the visor into sections with the dremel, then just reattach them with clear masking tape or hot glue, hard and risky, or just keep it the way it is.

AoBfrost said:
Cut the visor into sections with the dremel, then just reattach them with clear masking tape or hot glue, hard and risky, or just keep it the way it is.
thanks but wouldnt that leave huge lines going down the inside of the visor?

Well, in short it is a process in which a vac table is made that has a model on it. then Heated plastic is pulled down over it and vacum activated and pulls it around the model. Google it. Look for The 501st those guys have been doing it for a while. they have plenty of tuts.

falcon NL said:
You cant vacuum form a visor, the visor isn't big enough. You should use a heat gun and a 3-D template...
ok so how would i heat it and make a template from say metal?

yes the ODST are growing in number, and I decided I may start some ODST armor...figure if I start I will have to finish

ODST General said:
yes the ODST are growing in number, and I decided I may start some ODST armor...figure if I start I will have to finish
kwl how you going to be making yours?

Archa said:
kwl how you going to be making yours?

I havent decided what materials I want to use quiet yet, I am mainly looking into various prices for stuff and comparing materials and methods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back