ODST Project. Bobby Boucher --> 03MAR18 Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sniper ODST Project. mOWWck --> 10-16 Latest

Awesome build wish I was as far along as you! Is that hughes foam chest core I've seen the pep files but haven't started on the foam yet It seems like it would be hard to get on and off around the head rehpgin if it is made in one piece.

looks great

Thanks!

I really enjoyed reading through and seeing your work. You're awesome at this, mOWWck! Getting started with my own ODST build soon...

I don't know if I would say awesome but I'm certainly learning. Thanks!

I have a tip you can try in case you can't relocate your 9 volt batteries in your helmet. To keep moisture off of them, you can slip a small balloon over them and close the open end with electrical tape. I know a lot of guys that use push-to-talk buttons in their gloves for their vox systems and sweat and moisture is a problem for those little micro switches too. Easy fix, but a bit of a pain in the rear to do each time, but the tiny little water balloons you can get at the dollar store make a nice "condom" for your 9 volts.

That's a great idea. Too bad I've already taken all of the fans and crap out. I'll keep this in mind!

Awesome build wish I was as far along as you! Is that hughes foam chest core I've seen the pep files but haven't started on the foam yet It seems like it would be hard to get on and off around the head rehpgin if it is made in one piece.

Yeah that part was really tough because I had to make it wearable somehow, as you said. In the end I cut down on the neck and left one side loose so I could slide in and out. I then secured it with clips.

I've been having a real tough time recently. In March I got a job that works me 11 hours a day. Couple that with homework I have had NO time to work on this :(

I've honestly thought about selling some of the pieces off because I don't think I'll make my goal of getting done before I'm done with school....

I've been having a real tough time recently. In March I got a job that works me 11 hours a day. Couple that with homework I have had NO time to work on this :(

I've honestly thought about selling some of the pieces off because I don't think I'll make my goal of getting done before I'm done with school....

That sucks, mOWWck. Perhaps during the summer on your off days you could work on your armor? That's an idea to consider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Consider carefully before selling your work. How will you feel after the rough times have passed, when you have a few extra bucks or your hard work?

Sent using Tapatalk

That sucks, mOWWck. Perhaps during the summer on your off days you could work on your armor? That's an idea to consider.

I work a 4 weeks straight and have little more than a week off after that, not much free time to make armor, do homework and everything else in my life...

Consider carefully before selling your work. How will you feel after the rough times have passed, when you have a few extra bucks or your hard work?

Yeah exactly. But rough times won't pass until atleast Thanksgiving this year... all I have left is the thighs to complete and shins to start/finish. I could finish it in a week if I had nothing else to do but that's not the case

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the feeling. I started my build April 2014, but I've only done about 65 hours of work. Not even 2 work weeks.

Sent using Tapatalk

I know the feeling. I started my build April 2014, but I've only done about 65 hours of work. Not even 2 work weeks

Yeah I started mine over a year ago and I slowed to almost a stop when 2015 came around. I first put my bucket together in October 2013 and started my build thread that next spring in 2014 with a goal to be finished by the time I'm done with college.

I finish college this December, getting married in November :D, and won't finish this job until November also. Between all that I won't have time to meet my deadline and finish before I finish college...

I have until November to decide if I can finish. Or else I'll have to sell what I've made :(

No one will ever value that work as much as you do. The money is already spent, enjoy the fruit of your labor.

Sent using Tapatalk

HOLY CRAP it's been over a year since I was able to work on this thing. I WILL finish this summer, last year was insane to say the least. Between March and November I was only home 1/3 of the time, graduated college and got married. Phew. Not to mention buying a flipping house I can move into in June.

So coming in June I will be posting updates and I will finish this project! I'll finally have badly needed workshop space and a place to store the armor. See you all in June!

I guess it's too late to tell you to run for the hills so........Congratulations!!!!! Welcome to the madness that is marriage!!!! Glad you stuck w/ it and didn't sell the suit......

I guess it's too late to tell you to run for the hills so........Congratulations!!!!! Welcome to the madness that is marriage!!!! Glad you stuck w/ it and didn't sell the suit......

Thanks! I made it even better and bought a house too!! Which means...

I finally have a workbench! I've spent the past month making it in my spare time and it's almost done. This is why I haven't done anything with my armor, I didn't have a place to work on it. I've got lots of other projects to do too, but I will restart the ODST soon.

F1085BAE-2761-48FA-92B9-5CDA0A32DDC3_zpsqy3z7nxz.jpg

F1085BAE-2761-48FA-92B9-5CDA0A32DDC3_zpsqy3z7nxz.jpg

Life has be.en stupid, but I managed to finish the M7S kit I had. This kit was a MESS. NOTHING would fit nice without lots of sanding and pressure, if I had known it would be like this when I bought it I never would have spent my money. I've had a few resin kits, but this was easily the worst pull I have ever touched. I didn't bother with pictures before completion because this thing was MESSED UP. But I got over it

Here are the finished results, complete with weathering, scratches, dirt, some personal touches. Since I've been away from the project for a year I have picked up a lot of new techniques and I tried them out on this. Because since when are ODSTs supposed to look factory fresh?

utoJ7Mr.jpg

cVxTNcb.jpg

UcTQXrE.jpg

tHgurgU.jpg

BDBclGY.jpg

Dude, this all looks awesome! I'm glad you could start back up on it. If you don't mind me asking, how hard was it to fully assemble Hugh's helmet? I'm pepping it out now and I'm worried that all the little mistakes I made are gonna keep it from not fitting together properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back