Odst Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent you the PM containing the information:

For the helmet: 11.992984

For the torso: 17.801211

For the chest pieces (Main chest plate, right/left chest pads, stomach plate, right/left stomach pads) use this scaling number: 18.000104

For the belt plate use this scaling number: 18.000104

For the groin plate, use this scaling number: 0.317391

For the butt pack, use this scaling number: 18.000104

For the hip plates, use this scaling number: 18.000104

For the thigh plates, use this scaling number: 18.000104

For the knees, use this scaling number: 5.382904

For the Gaunlets, use this scaling number: 18.000104

for the Shoulder plates, use this scaling number: 18.000104

And for the shins/boot tips, use this scaling number: 1.571681

Xtreme, is that set of data specific to flip's body? Which Pep build do your numbers apply to?

I hate to bother you, but if that data set is not specific to flip, how I could I figure out the ODST scale for myself (a 66" male with about a 28-30 waist)?

Thanks.

The scaling is for Flip's body.

If your 5'5", then just use the scaling number provided above in my first post, and add about 2-5cm to each parts height. I scaled Flip's for somebody who has the same basic buils as you, but is only 5' tall.

could some one scale this for me for all parts of an odst?
(Whenever i scale, i do somthing wrong, or i'm using a different pepakura designer version)

My height 5'7"
Waist size: 36"

xX WormBoy Xx said:
could some one scale this for me for all parts of an odst?
(Whenever i scale, i do somthing wrong, or i'm using a different pepakura designer version)

My height 5'7"
Waist size: 36"

What version of Pep are you using? It looks like most 405th members use version 2, while I have 3. Maybe I can help you with problems there?

If your 5'5", then just use the scaling number provided above in my first post, and add about 2-5cm to each parts height. I scaled Flip's for somebody who has the same basic buils as you, but is only 5' tall.

It seem's Xtreme's scale suggestions are good for us 5'-somethings. Since you are an inch taller than me and 6 inches larger in the waist, you could probably just add a centimeter or two to the heights of the torso pieces and a few to the widths. I'm trying out the NZ-TK helmet build at 14.491523 scale and heights, widths, and depths, of 289, 252, and 317mm. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is my guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im 5'8"tall and I scaled my armour to the size of somebody 5'10" tall. It gives me room to grow so by the time Im finished my armour, I will have grown into it ;) .

I used the following scales for somebody who is 5'10", and it fits me right now but its just a tinny bit too big:

Torso: ? (Havent printed yet)

Chest plate, Right/Left Chest pads, Stomach plate, Left/Right Stomach pads: 28.440044

Helmet (NZ-TK's original-very high detail): 37.260202

Shoulder guards: 28.440044

Gaunlets: 28.440044

Thighs: ? (Havent printed yet)

Shins: 1.639667

Knees: 7.741129

Hip plates: ? (Havent printed yet)

If you want to know how I got the scales (They all sofar work perfactly) heres how I did it:

First you find a picture on the internet that shows a full front and back view of the armour you are making. The picture has to have the full Spartan/Marine/ODST in it.

Next, print it off your computer. Now, measure the height of the person in the picture, and measure your own height.

Now, divide the 2 numbers and you should get a scaling number. For example, take my height, 175cm. Lets say the height of the person in the picture is 7.7cm. Divide 175cm by 7.7cm and you get 22.72. Using this number, you can measure the size of the armour piece in the picture. Lets say the shin in the picture is 1.8cm long, and multiply that number by your scaling number. For me, thats 22.72.

Now, you get the height of the armour piece. For my shin, I used the scaling number of 22.72 and multiplied it by the pictures armour height, 1.8cm, and I got 40cm. I did the same thing for the thigh, and got 38cm in height.

So far, this is a fullproof way to properly scale your armour correctly.

Hope this helps anyone out there who is having a problem with scaling.

CHEERS!

Once again Xtreme, that was extremely helpful. The other scaling threads/tuts around the forums are for the most part either very specific to certain builds or too confusing to make sense of. I'll be putting this painfully obivous common sense to use now. Wish me luck.

Well good luck then :p !

I hope everybody here has good luck with there costumes, and im prety sure most of us are going to be ODST's (I know I am :cool: )

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back