ODST Shoulder Armor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronny

Hey 405th,

I'm pretty knew to the paper craft building business so I'm still trying to smooth out some bumps with building my armor. I started with the shoulder pads and I finished pasting everything together, but then I hit a snag with the assembly.

Here's my problem. I've built all the part to the shoulder but I'm not sure how to put them together.

This is all the parts to the ODST shoulder modeled by Nightshade, not put together.
100_3610.jpg

And this is how I'm assuming it needs to go together.
100_3611.jpg

Can someone help me with how it should properly be assembled?

By the way why did the model have bars go across the back of it. Do those need to stay there or do I take them off after I fiber glass everything? They seem like they would get in the way when I want to wear it.
100_3613.jpg

And if anyone has any tips or criticism for me that would be great too. This was my first paper craft and I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

(by the way is this the proper place to post this type of question or is there a better place to ask this question?)

Attachments

• 100_3610.jpg
    100_3610.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_3611.jpg
    100_3611.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 100_3613.jpg
    100_3613.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 80
I would hot glue it together and then cover the hot glue in resin for a stronger hold after fiber glassing. as for the support struts, keep them in until after fiber glassing so that it prevents warping. Feel free to remove them after.

Yeah I built that one too. Also, check out Kirrou's model. In my opinion it's scaled much better and is more true to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back