How do I make ODST Sniper shoulder?

Marcus

Hi! How would I go about making the sniper shoulder armour for an ODST? I have downloaded the halo 3 odst files from the armory, and found the files for it.

(Im making it out of EVA foam)
So do I just cut out the main parts and try to cut out bevels in the back to fold it and glue it in the correct places?
Thanks

I just noticed but its also very small, is there a way to make it life size?

Last edited:
U should watch some videos by Andrew DFT where he shows how he does certain cuts folds that would help for your question. I just did some bevels on the back and added some other parts where I wanted when I did my ranged odst. It's pretty much the same as a sniper shoulder.

Attachments

• IMG_20230604_144208691.jpg
    IMG_20230604_144208691.jpg
    658.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230824_201005.jpg
    20230824_201005.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
U should watch some videos by Andrew DFT where he shows how he does certain cuts folds that would help for your question. I just did some bevels on the back and added some other parts where I wanted when I did my ranged odst. It's pretty much the same as a sniper shoulder.
Do you have a template that I could trace out onto the foam?

While the Armory entry does not have a ready made foam optimized Sniper shoulder, you should be able to take the standard pepakura sniper should available, (halo-3-odst-unsc-odst-shoulder-left-sharpshooter.pdo) and use that as your foam template by removing the Tabs and ignoring any small or thin pieces that will be taken care of by the natural thickness of the foam. When are members do make the foam optimized files in the armory entries, that is the basic process. They take the normal pep files and remove those features.

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back