Odst Squad: W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
what back pack file is that? i only have found the one about 15 pages long, the super detailed one. is there a low detail one as well?

that sir, is some epic scratchbuild in the making! If I may make a suggestion, i have found if much easier to do the side equipment plates as a scratchbuild as well. If you would like to see an example, it's in my thread(in my sig). Good luck!

Bobo The PandaX said:
Looking amazing.....just wondering, what files are you using for Mickey and Dutch?

I can't remember where I found it but I included a .pdo for Mickey's shoulder in the .zip in the first post. As for the permutations on Dutch's helmet, I will sculpt them onto the fiberglass copy of the helm after a regular copy has been molded. Then I will mold the clay attachments and use a plastic glue to adhere them onto the Dutch copy of the helm. Im not entirely certain this will work yet, I just want to avoid making a whole other helmet.

rvb18 said:
what back pack file is that? i only have found the one about 15 pages long, the super detailed one. is there a low detail one as well?

No, no low detailed backpack that I'm aware of. I just played around with the file in pepakura a bit and attached a bunch of pieces to get the general shapes. I think I ended up taping together a total of 17 pages (of regular paper) and then tracing them onto the foam board.

Shaymin Sky said:
that sir, is some epic scratchbuild in the making! If I may make a suggestion, i have found if much easier to do the side equipment plates as a scratchbuild as well. If you would like to see an example, it's in my thread(in my sig). Good luck!

Actually one of my side plates did warp a bit after fiberglassing, very frustrating. However since I plan on molding the pieces I may just use one piece and add the detail to both side that way when it comes to molding I can just mold both sides of the master copy. (I will probably still use foamies to add the raised edges like you did)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back