Odst Visor With Hud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has painted or digitaly put a HUD on their ODST helmet. I am working on a rookie helmet and I am planing on getting some translucent paint for the HUD. I will paint it on the inside of the visor , and then put tint on the outside so people won't be able to see it from the outside. If anyone has put one on any of their helmets, Please post a picture. Thanks,

Jacob

By the way, First post.

digital HUDs arent really possible on a consumer level. painting would be the way to go, it just wouldnt be able to change. it might also be visible from the outside of the visor depending on how youre doing your tinting.

Slicemonger said:
Do you mean something along the lines of decals? Like a health sticker thing at the top?

That would work too. I would need a health bar , ammo bar, And granade bar. I want everything on the HUD (pictured) Exept the waypoint marker.

[attachment=12699:800px-ODST_Screenshot_12.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been working on something like this for a Clonetrooper bucket for a little over a year now, but it's nowhere near production stage.

can you put all your questions under one thread about visors?

Whats the point. Its physically impossible for your eyes to focus on something 1 inch off your face.

Its an interesting idea but I cant imagine it being very useful/comfortable. It seems like it would end up being a distraction, and its taking up what little viewing space you do have. I could imagine doing it for extra points and realism if it was just a prop, but wearing it seems like it could be problematic.

-Nec

i thought about this to one day playing im goin to be trying this on a MK V tho so im hoping it will turn out good for u

I am building a helmet right now , and I am going to put a HUD on it. It's to small for me so I don't have to worry about it being a distraction. I imagine it would not be easy to see. I would be cool though. I'll post pictures when i'm done.

necromancer518 said:
Its an interesting idea but I cant imagine it being very useful/comfortable. It seems like it would end up being a distraction, and its taking up what little viewing space you do have. I could imagine doing it for extra points and realism if it was just a prop, but wearing it seems like it could be problematic.

-Nec

Well you have a point. I could be a distraction. But here's the thing. How do the games pull it off? Depending on how big and translucent you make the HUD icons, you could have yourself a kickass heads-up display.

Doesnt matter, like i said. try to read a paper 1 inch off your face. Your not going to able to make pheriphial focus on your hud

i am haji said:
Doesnt matter, like i said. try to read a paper 1 inch off your face. Your not going to able to make pheriphial focus on your hud

I say let them dream, dude. It's still a sweet idea, and it's not like it's hard to implement. So what if you can't read them? It's not like they actually display valid, useful tactical information, it's for the "cool points". And really... isn't EVERYTHING we do around here for the "cool points"?

On topic, I'd try printing or cutting some decals and sticking them on the inside of your visor. That way they're also easily removable if you get sick of them, and you can change them whenever you feel like it.

As for it being a distraction, I can almost guarantee you you'll be "tuning it out" after a minute or two with the helmet on. Just like how your eyes adjust to differently tinted visors after a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back