Odst Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungSpartan

hey guys is there a method of building an ODST visor easily?

i just saw the one of using a heat gun and bend the visor but how to get the lower piece.

would be happy if someone replies this

heres a pic of my MKVI helmet

I wouldn't say easily.... There is a lot of risk in doing the heat gun to the visor method. you could warp it the wrong way, crack the reflective coating or make it unusable. I wouldn't recommend it

What KillerT did was use a 2liter soda bottle just cut off the ends,

Then you can cut and glue it to size.

I have made my visor this way aswell, you can use Window Tint for the color.

and it costs what.... 67c at Wal-Mart.

And you get soda!

The ODST visor is a difficult one, there aren't a whole lot of options. Pick 2 of these terms: "cheap" "easy" "looks good". Haven't seen all 3. The lower piece of the visor in the video you're talking about was formed the exact same way as the top, though.

The guy in the video your talking about used a tinted visor he bought and cut it in half, used part to make the top half and lefovers to make the bottom. I plan on Vacuuforming a visor for myself and freinds, i have a place to obtain lexan polycarbonate, and my dad just so happens to have a sanding table (table, attached to vacuum, with holes drilled in top?) that ill be using. So for me its about 5 bucks per visor, as i get a foot by foot sheet of clear plastic for that much, and all else is free.

Coke bottle used a wire hanger to keep its shape , trace pep visor part out and scale it a little bit bigger, used clear tape tape to hold wire to plastic, cover in tint.

Repost of pic sorry guys

Outlawwolf117 said:
wait, are you trying to make an odst visor for a mk vi helm???

no this is just a pic of my mark VI

i'll have a pic of my odst up in a few days

i just needed some ideas for the odst visor because i dont use this MKVI in my costume

Last edited by a moderator:
LdoSpartN said:
Coke bottle used a wire hanger to keep its shape , trace pep visor part out and scale it a little bit bigger, used clear tape tape to hold wire to plastic, cover in tint.

Repost of pic sorry guys

hm but thats a good idea :D

SpartanW27 said:
I have a cheap way to make it but its hard to explain. I'll try and have a video tutorial up by monday. sorry :/

okay just post the vid here if you were so kind ;)

hey guys im wondering if anyone has odst visor blueprints that i could use to cut and glue plexi glass together

im looking for one thats in 2 pieces(the top piece then the bottom piece where the bend is)or a three piece so where the top piece is in 2 pieces and then one bottom piece

Harding29 said:
hey guys im wondering if anyone has odst visor blueprints that i could use to cut and glue plexi glass together

im looking for one thats in 2 pieces(the top piece then the bottom piece where the bend is)or a three piece so where the top piece is in 2 pieces and then one bottom piece

i doubt there is just a visor blue prints, your best bet is print the visor in pep and cut it in 2 or more pieces

i found a caly type called FIMO . you can like press the visor on it and put it in the oven, it won't change its shape and gets roc hard. i think that will help me :D

iv been wondering the same thaing if u find iny rilly good way to do it, make a vid an post it so we cod try it thainks

Guys it took me a while to know how to do it but I finally figured it out all you need is the pepakura visor some modelling clay and a faceshield from a hardware store, first you make the visor then you put the modelling clay over the front of the visor in a very thin layer I wish I had clay slip because it would have made it easier to do. Now after the clay has dried you can either use a heat gun or heat up the plastic shield in the oven which is what I did and then put it over the clay after the clay has been fully dried if the plastic shiled was hot enough it should pretty much go over the clay nice and easy and remove fairly well then you can go and get the static window tint from a car part place and just attach it over the visor and install it into your helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back