ODST Visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see some potential in this method definately for the ODST.

Just print the Pepakura out on those clear overhead sheets you use to write on overhead projectors, someone around here did a sword using them,
anyhow print them out on those clear sheets,
then use the tinting stuff over it, so you can see out.

Keep us updated dude, it looks great!

-Justin

im going to try this method when i reach final stages for my suit, its a really smart and crafty idea...i cant wait to try this

Great idea dude. This will deffinitly help for those weirdly shaped visors. I may be ably to do my Secruity Helm now.

- Adulese

Adulese said:
Great idea dude. This will deffinitly help for those weirdly shaped visors. I may be ably to do my Secruity Helm now.

- Adulese
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Adulese said:

- Adulese
good luck with you helmet!

Last edited by a moderator:
How strong is this stuff? Would two layers make it relatively rigid? I don't want to poke it and have it wobble and warp.

oh, my, god, you have found the universal visor idea :eek:

i frigin love it, deffinatly good for eva and stuff, and i would think for basictly any visor, cuz you would be spending like 50 to 100 bucks on a frekin motor bike visor, and this its like 20 bucks and you could possibly make many visors!

genius idea!

great job

thats nice, but i feel like.... i cant do that, and im abbout to send an email to weta workshop, about how they got their odst visor, (custom company does it i think i am right) but hopefully they would respond to the question i asked them :p Goodluck to me XD

I just got an idea to make an even stronger visor, and probably more smoother :D
what if, after resining and fiberglassing the odst helmet, take off the visor. then strengthen the visor so it wont break when being vacuum formed. then vacuum form it wth clear acrylic (or some other plastic), the acrylic can be abit blueish? after the visor has been vacuum formed used the Tinting roll to make it opaque when looking in and transparent when looking out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back