Harding29

Update

what i have painted so far

DSC00140.jpg

what i have resined so far what i have

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

You can get fiberglass cloth/mat anywhere resin is sold, e.g. Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, Autozone, etc. Looks like a good start, good luck getting those two halves glued together.

When in doubt, just go to Lowe's, my friend. It seems no one ever has any idea where to get such incredibly common things as plexi or pvc. The fiberglass is super cheap at 6 bucks for 9 square feet. They also stock the acrylic you're going to need for the visor as well as auto body filler. If you're in need of acetone, I picked that up at Ace. If you don't clean out your brushes with acetone, then you're going to need lots of brushes. Dollar Tree sells 3 brushes (1", 1.5", and 2") for a buck. You may as well buy 20 bucks' worth. Adequate paint is even available at KMart. Window tint for your visor can be found at AutoZone. Underarmor and strapping are up to you to make for yourself, for the most part.

Good luck.

Tint is pretty expensive, so in case you can't afford he tint, here's what I did.

For my visor I got a see-through yellow plastic binder separator sheet and held my black spray paint can about 5 feet away and sprayed. On the inside of the helmet, right above the visor, I put an LED strip to illuminate it to make it easier for me to see.

hey guys i just found out a possible alternative to fiberglass, a couple weeks ago me and my dad went and did a roof job, her got out the cloth and rolled it over any cracks on the roof, we then painted over it, just today i asked him what that cloth did and he said strenghtens the roof! i was like...NICE. so tomorow morning ill ask him more bout it, and it doesnt require using resin!! or safety equiptment!!

Update just resined the inside with some fiberglass and FG matt and its hard as a rock

UPDATE got the whole thing resined now moring onto some body filler

Wow, that looks awesome ;) keep it up, very interested to see the Bondo stage, might learn some pointers.

Optimaulicus said:
Tint is pretty expensive, so in case you can't afford he tint, here's what I did.

For my visor I got a see-through yellow plastic binder separator sheet and held my black spray paint can about 5 feet away and sprayed. On the inside of the helmet, right above the visor, I put an LED strip to illuminate it to make it easier for me to see.

That sounds interesting. Any chance you could post some pics?

Shade said:
Wow, that looks awesome ;) keep it up, very interested to see the Bondo stage, might learn some pointers.

The coveted triple post!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE somewhat needs some trimming in the neck area and some body filler then sanding and painting more updates as soon as i get some body filler

looks too snug for your head, what did you scale it at?

You did an amazing job. I dont want to take away from that but. IT fits like a glove

Needs some room for air to circulate and padding, visor, etc

if its too small and you want to scrap it. i'll buy it off you cause it might fit me :D

SupermanExtreme1 said:
looks too snug for your head, what did you scale it at?

You did an amazing job. I dont want to take away from that but. IT fits like a glove

Needs some room for air to circulate and padding, visor, etc

if its too small and you want to scrap it. i'll buy it off you cause it might fit me :D

yeah it is a tight fit scaled it at 10.5 inches but im goin to see if i can work with it,really its only super tight is at my temples where that indent is but that can be fixed by adding padding to move it up on my head

Harding29 said:
yeah it is a tight fit scaled it at 10.5 inches but im goin to see if i can work with it,really its only super tight is at my temples where that indent is but that can be fixed by adding padding to move it up on my head

k good stuff

is that helmet a B*tch to pep?

i'm mulling which one to finish, the upgraded NZ-TK one or rundown's rookie helmet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back