Odst W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Everyone, for your help and comments.

A little bit of an update:

IMG_1617.jpg

The faceplate has been installed! I won't lie, I kinda feel like a frelling 'tard for not having thought of that before. :lol Well, the visor actually came with the helmet. It is a vacuum-formed PETG plastic that Rube tinted somehow. I believe he may have done it while the plastic was still hot, because when I took the Dremmel to it it only came off with the plastic. Great work Rube, very solid! There's a small amount of spillage from when I glued it down, but I'm working to clean it up and get it painted. <there's a clue to the next project on my factory floor>

Also, I thought some of you might like a closer look at the battle damage. I apologize for the pictures if they're slightly out of focus, my 3G's camera is trying her hardest. :p

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

Point of interest here, the painter's tape technique I used created a couple of solid layers difference on the surface of the helmet. In other words, running your fingers over these areas you'll feel where the paint is actually missing. Also, by having mixed 3 parts muddy wash and 5 parts matte varnish to paint the burn markings over the gloss finish, the same areas have a very rough, "scorched" feeling.

Next on the list of things to do:

-Padding

-Fans and ducted ventilation system

-Audio In/Out

Good Night, Neverland! -Mini Lost Boy, Hook

Very nice! Great to see a lighter green paint scheme!

And very lucky!

Very, very nice build. That looks extremely clean, and I love the thought of using the layers of tape to create the battle damage. And as far as your next project, that definitely looks like a smoothed EVA helmet.

Good Morning 405th,

Jedi Spartan said:
Very nice! Great to see a lighter green paint scheme!

And very lucky!

Jedi, I'm glad you like the paint job, thank you. I was trying to get as close to "real" as possible, and this color seemed to match my in-game imagery best.

mks81 said:
Very, very nice build. That looks extremely clean, and I love the thought of using the layers of tape to create the battle damage. And as far as your next project, that definitely looks like a smoothed EVA helmet.

Mks81, thank you. I definitely recommend the use of this method to anyone who's willing to spend a little time on it. The end results are well worth it, I believe. And, right on the nose with the next project. The fishbowl will go with a full MkVI outfit, including a standard issue helm to give me an alternative. I won't go into too much detail, as that's an entirely new thread altogether, but my plan is to make the entire suit in only four/five parts. Most pieces will be attached to the underarmour, much like how it is actually built for the MC (in-game, I know it isn't real [not]). :D

Last edited by a moderator:
bleek124 said:
where did you get that visor? looks really good keep up the job i just started my odst project for my son.

How fun! I was just joking to my fiance about making my two kids Marines, she wants to make an ODST Recon uniform for herself, my Mk VI project (currently in development), and a grunt uniform for the dog. That'd make a great Halloween family photo, right? :lol As for the visor, it came with the helmet. I'm reading up on homemade vacuum-formers so that I can cast my own for the EVA, when it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it, you made just a clean, smooth job on your helmet and the chest file looks good and strong. Nice work, can't wait to see your armor in full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back