ODST WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 051

I fished my ODST helm in pep

The model is form NZ-TK. It took around 21 hours (not done yet missing a few small parts)

I would have finished it today but i spent for the past 4 days working 5 hours a day on it (got carpal tunnel on the second day)

The only comment about the 3d model is that it needs a visor

I put one in with card stock and tape

Update: put one layer of resin on the helm

Images

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

Dang, nice helmet! i was thinking of making one, but I have too much pep work in my room, no room to fit another helmet.

Nice job, its a very difficult pep file to fold. is the visor you've got pushing the sides out? it looks a little wide in the cheeks? other than that well done :)

my plan is fiberglass it but i dont know how many layers to put on the helm?

i have read like 1 or 2 but i was looking over what MLC had to say about sanding the helm to make it lighter and cost go down

Since the helmet has such a high mess i think i can sand most of it then glaze the rest

i just dont know how much sanding i can do before for the fiberglass goes

Do 2 layers of fiberglass, then you can sand down to the glass itself and not worry about sanding through the glass, then it will be alot smoother. But still, without bondo or glaze, you cant make it perfectly smooth. mabe the dome area, but the other smaller more detailed areas cannot be sanded as easy, you will need bondo/glaze there.

quick question how long does resin take when it is 50 degrees out side and i can still smell the sent in my garage ?

Right now it been like 2 hours and it like tackie (used a back end of a brush)

I really just don't knowhow you guys pepurika or however its spelled???I mean I never got the mountain folds or valley folds thing so
I built my helm from scratch but my freind that is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update:

Right now the helm is still drying form the first coat of resin that put on yesterday

Cant wait for it do dry this cold weather killing me and i hope i dont have to make a new one since the resin might not cure in the cold

and it might be on hold got gears of war model (from epic)

Spartan 051 said:
Update:

Right now the helm is still drying form the first coat of resin that put on yesterday

Cant wait for it do dry this cold weather killing me and i hope i dont have to make a new one since the resin might not cure in the cold

and it might be on hold got gears of war model (from epic)

can you share me the model? PM me if we can talk.

Nice helm BTW

Last edited by a moderator:
that model is public made by NZ-TK you can find it on his thread, "orbital drop shoch trooper" it was his christmas present to the community. thanks NZ =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back