Offical W.i.p. Of Dizzerak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzerak

I've decided I'm far enough along to post a few pictures of my attempts at prop making. No, I don't know the names of the things I'm doing. I'm picking out what looks cool to me, building them, and I wanted people to see how it goes and turns out.

I'll be adding to this post as my adventure unfolds so people don't have to read through an entire thread to see how it's comming along, although, there may be tips and help, which is welcome, from other members throughout the thread.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy this as much as I have.

First, I started pepakura with something easy, a LD shoulder (in photo below). then I decided that it didn't have enough detail for me. I then did a(n) HD shoulder (also in photo below.

MChalfpep002.jpg

Well, I put two coats of resin on the outside, then started fiberglassing the inside.

Resining002.jpg

Unfortunatly in my haste (noob), I didn't quite wait long enough for it to dry. the bicept warped and ended up inside the shoulder and touching it. So, what does a noob do? Cut it,duct tape it and refiberglass it in the right position.

Resining005.jpg

Next Step: Smoothing The Twist...

Pepped the chest..

chestshow.jpg

more to come...

So now, my mother has taken to pepping for me. She does a great job on them! I will post pictures later today on her progress. :D

And here it is, took her two days while still working, HA! Yeah, she's cool. She was the type to throw my friends to the ground just to prove to them she could. at 5'4" she was dropping football players and wrestlers like coins in a fountain. Thats my momma!

armor010.jpg

Ok, so all togeather, I have the shoulders, chest, forearms and feet pepped. Last night I took a break, sort of. I decided to pep this easy predator mask.

predmask002.jpg

and now on the shins and thighs...

Looks sweet so far bud! Pepping that chest was a pain in the neck for me, and your's turned out great. Keep it up!

I know it seems to take me forever to update, but I'm trying to decide many things involving the finished piece before going to far. I'm going to add tread to the feet for height and noise reduction. So, it took me a long time to get this...

A toe fiberglassed!

chestlight.jpg

I also fiberglassed the bottom to reinforce it for the tread idea.

Are you putting something like flip flops on the bottom, or making your own treads? You will probably slip about with fiberglass bottoms lol. I don't need to tell you this build is going very well.

I'm going to use some 1/2 inch (aprox 1.3cm) thick rubber (possibly doubled), bolted or screwed through the armor piece and right into the boot. This will work good for two reasons, it'll make me taller and the screws/bolts will make a nice *tic tic tic* noise when I walk.

Thanks. :)

for the bottom I would just go to a fabrication shop and get some steel cuts for it. that would be cool, but the shoes would be heavy...rubber and nuts and bolts it is!

animemannn said:
for the bottom I would just go to a fabrication shop and get some steel cuts for it. that would be cool, but the shoes would be heavy...rubber and nuts and bolts it is!

I think steel would be as (if not more) slippery as fiberglass. And...well, cash :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought I'd drop a pic of my pieces in the different stages of completion.

haloarmor006.jpg

It's raining out, so nothing I can do today. :( I think I'll pep and Iron Man mask.

Thats a nice collection of pieces you have going there! Good luck with the Iron Man helmet if you decide to do that while waiting the rain out.

Good job on all that, Dizz! You're farther along than I am, that's for sure, lol. Nice eye candy :)

Of course, it'll be even more candy-licious when you've got it all done up :lol

Once I'm done my own Mk VI armour, the next build I want to do is the Mk III Ironman suit (loved the film) :D heh

Wow. Nice pieces. You're doing great with the Pep. Fiberglassing looks good too. Just be sure to recess the metal pieces holding your tread on or you'll still slide like crazy. :) Pointless to have rubber tread if it can't reach the floor. Hehe

Looking very nice man :D

I see what you mean by a piece here and there :lol

Very good build, and I like the tread idea.

Good luck with the rest of it.

-Spartan-Sauce

First, I'd like to say "Thank you" all for the posative feedback. I really appreciate it. You have all inspired me to go a bit farther along everyday. :)

Second, I've been asking a question for about 5 days in the Noob Question Thread, with no reply. I've tried PMing some of the Q&A team for the answer, but they cannot recieve messages, for what ever reason. I'm not going to open a thread, so I'll ask it here.

Does anyone know the program(s) name(s) that is used to make 3d models and get them to pepakura?

im not really sure how people rip 3d models and stuff from games and get them from the 3d modeling program to pepakura....

BUT ive heard some say they use a program called "Blender"

hope that will help you with your question a little

OneForgot10Soul said:
im not really sure how people rip 3d models and stuff from games and get them from the 3d modeling program to pepakura....

BUT ive heard some say they use a program called "Blender"

hope that will help you with your question a little

Hey, thanks for the reply! :)

I have Blender up and running at this point. Is there anything else I should go with to get that model to the pepakura program?

Dizzerak said:
Hey, thanks for the reply! :)

I have Blender up and running at this point. Is there anything else I should go with to get that model to the pepakura program?

im not really sure how the program works or anything yet....im new to it myself actually new to the whole armour thing... im sure you could google a tutorial on it

sorry i cant be more help than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back