Official Sayings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razgriz said:
That is a VERY stupid thing to write.

Oh, so now we're on to bashing Christians? That's nice. If you don't like Christians so much, why don't you move to Iraq?

EDIT: Not you, Razgriz. I meant to say it to Spartan857.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friendly said:
Oh, so now we're on to bashing Christians? That's nice. If you don't like Christians so much, why don't you move to Iraq?

I dispise Die-hard christians that try to convert everyone, but lets not get into all that. It always starts too many fights.

Besides, I have a right to my own opinion. I do believe I live in America.

For Having "friendly" as your name, your not very friendly.

Spartan857 said:
I dispise Die-hard christians that try to convert everyone, but lets not get into all that. It always starts too many fights.

Besides, I have a right to my own opinion. I do believe I live in America.

Which is supposed to be a "Christian nation."

Friendly said:
Which is supposed to be a "Christian nation."

Oh well, I am done arguing with people younger than I am. If I get warned, oh well.

We are all entitled to our own opinions. My opinions on religion may not be liked by other people. But I respect people for having beliefs. In this Hellish world I guess everyone needs something to believe in.

Adam said:
don't derail my thread, or you shall die.

Sorry Adam. Please point the Spartan laser away from my direction........... :not worthy: :not worthy:

there are some weird ones, like when people say forte but pronounce it fortay, its actually just said as fort. forte(fortay) means loud. and i dont think that you can be very loud at things. turlit instead of toilet, chicargo instead of Chicago, drawlin instead of drawing...i seem to pick on the hicks of this world.

people who make mistakes because they are a different language and dont know english well are fine, cause i would suck at their language. but people who cant speak it that are actually english...

(also just thought of when people say they do something good instead of doing it well)

I write okay but if I talk to you in person you'll definitely hear plenty of ya'll, gunna, and lots of replacing ing with in' like armor makin'. That's Texas for you. ;)

@ mendosa I thought it was fort'e, and was a french word that had been incorporated into english?

I get bothered sometimes by people who say 'do' too much. Maybe it is a British thing. Not wrong, but just a saying I find aggravating.

for example:
"I do have the part in stock" -> "I have the part in stock"

"...it does appear to be geared towards..." -> "...it appears to be geared towards..."

etc...

Ok sorry Adam I have to say this because of the negative comments made to Spartan 857

first of all this country was not based on Christian fundamentalisms it was based on the right to chose the right wing zealots that burned witches and such were exactly that radicals that did not come to this country for the freedom to express but more with the want to enforce their beliefs.

The first amendment clearly states

We have a right to and from religion so if you are going to knock somebody for their beliefs that makes you just as much a flaw in the system as they were.

Second

If you want to spout random history at least know what you’re talking about before you degrade some one for their statements because if you say something that is unfounded surely you will be called upon as some one who knows little and says too much

And third Spartan I do believe you need to chill on the hate is another form of ignorance that can and usually does start ridiculous fights both words and physical.

These always bother me, along with most of the previous mentioned:

Its (as in belonging to it, like, give the dog its food)

It's (It is)

Whose (possessive, as in, whose party is this?)

Who's (who is)

Who (used as a subject, like, who are you, who did this)

Whom (used as an object, like, to whom is this for, you said that to whom)

Friendly said:

Haha! I was like, "What the heck?" until I read the edit. :p
Adam said:
don't derail my thread, or you shall die.

Fair enough. My worst fear is being crushed by an army of Spartan II's lead by you. At least it is now. :rolleyes
Some body I work with talks like a 30's gangster and ends everything in "ya see?". Annoys me SO much.

"Pernickety." I tHinKs yOo doNE GoNe & sNuCK dAt oNE iN TheRr oN PuRPoSe AdAM... AfTEr yOO mAde iT uP.

:D I can haz spellin'/tipeskillz, plz?

Merriam-Webster Dictionary entry:

persnickety
One entry found.

Main Entry:
per·snick·e·ty Listen to the pronunciation of persnickety
Pronunciation:
\pər-ˈsni-kə-tē\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
alteration of pernickety
Date:

1 a: fussy about small details : fastidious <a persnickety teacher> b: having the characteristics of a snob2: requiring great precision <a persnickety job>
— per·snick·e·ti·ness Listen to the pronunciation of persnicketiness \-nəs\ noun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back