Oh Good God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the .50 cal's on the Humvees. I'm changing my sources.

I agree with the psych factor and the fact that we don't seem like the good guys. But, I think we can only have one of those. Either freak the enemy out and they don't mess with us, or we try to make people think we're the good guys. Option B doesn't seem probable, but option A is still pretty dangerous. We'd need more than leg armor to protect our own guys from themselves. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't seem realistic to me.

Yes, but there are gaps between the armor parts. And, inevitably, an accident will happen causing a soldier to loose a limb.

I doubt the U.S. is willing to spend several thousand more dollars per soldier. Especially with Obama as president.

Friendly said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about the .50 cal's on the Humvees. I'm changing my sources.

I agree with the psych factor and the fact that we don't seem like the good guys. But, I think we can only have one of those. Either freak the enemy out and they don't mess with us, or we try to make people think we're the good guys. Option B doesn't seem probable, but option A is still pretty dangerous. We'd need more than leg armor to protect our own guys from themselves. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't seem realistic to me.

The geneiva conventioned ruled that no automatic .50cal or above weapon can be used on a human because it is inhumaine, so we shoot at their gear... hehehe

Thats what my cousin said about it when he was in Kuwait

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back