Ok as the Tut says.....Here is my plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhenell

My girl leaves from Houston to Missouri on friday. I found this and am ready to try.......I have built many a custom gun and am ready to do this. I am going to start with a pep helm model and fg resin it. afterward going to bondo and finish detail it. Than paint......just for around the house.

Last night I purchased all my pep materials and the tools I need to begin. Being out of work I have time to do this right. I thought I should list some positives and negatives about my plan.
Pro's:
I have plenty of free time.
I am well versed in FG and bondo as well as finishing.
I am a detail oriented person.
This project is for me and for fun.
I have both read and watched every tut I can find.

Cons:
I live in an apartment (2nd floor)
I am on a fixed income at the moment.
I have illusions of grandeur for this project.
I have 7 days from Friday to make enough progress that my girl won't throw a fit that I am doing it. =P
I am afraid this is going to turn into a new addiction.

So today I am going to decide which Helm this is going to be. Tomorrow begins the trek. Wish me luck and as I go on I will add pics and updates if anyone would like to follow along.

Hey, delusions of grandeur are never a bad thing as long as they're weighted with an eye for reality. Good luck! I'll be interested to see how you work this in an apartment as I'm in the same boat.

Hey, delusions of grandeur are never a bad thing as long as they're weighted with an eye for reality. Good luck! I'll be interested to see how you work this in an apartment as I'm in the same boat.

Reality? whats that? I FULLY expect to be able to take on the covenant when I am finished! LOL

Reality? whats that? I FULLY expect to be able to take on the covenant when I am finished! LOL

Ah well, of course. But you want smooth armor over jagged armor when you go crashing head first into the covies.

Wait. Unless the jagged armor is.. y'know.. sharp and pointy. Then it may assist. :D

Ah well, of course. But you want smooth armor over jagged armor when you go crashing head first into the covies.

Wait. Unless the jagged armor is.. y'know.. sharp and pointy. Then it may assist. :D

I assume you are referring to Hayabusa, of course... :)

but yes... back to Zhenell, 7 days should be more than enough time to get decent enough work done. I am in a similar situation (no job=tones of time). My mom went off for just one weekend and when she got back I had an entire Mk VI (minus chest) pepped out. lol

I can post a few of my other projects, keep in mind these are real.
46625_1538546071066_1457329968_1400688_4892688_n.jpg

47390_1538538950888_1457329968_1400671_7718239_n.jpg

Having a heck of a time deciding on which helm to do first.......They all appeal to me for one reason or another. I am thinking the reach3etter.pdo is the fore runner. I also was thinking.......This is not for wearing, just a wall or shelf mount. I haven't seen a tut or thread on illuminated visors. Not back-lit, but a glowing visor. Any suggestions on that? I am thinking a heat molded Plexy visor, painted black on the back with leds set to shine into the edges to give the effect....Maybe?

Ok day 1 update......I decided on the Ironman for my first. Now insult to injury: The paper I bought for this project.......Too big for my printer so I had to resort to photo stock. Next.......34 pages of nothing but edge ID numbers. Grrrrr! Now all that out of the way and I have 14 pages of nice and right pep! Wohoo! :) I will take pics as I go on.

It's neither good nor bad... assuming you ARE going to resin/glass it, then the hot glue wont really make any difference.

Thank you....I really want it to be nice. The little....and I mean little pieces are kicking my but. HEHEHE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back