Oklahoma MkVI Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is looking amazing so far, and it's really helpful that you actually go through each part of each process! I think that's the first time anyone has taken detailed pictures of each aspect of bondoing. I'll definitely watch this, and when the time comes for me to start bondoing I'll follow this by the book

P.S. - Where did you buy your spot putty at?

This is looking amazing so far, and it's really helpful that you actually go through each part of each process! I think that's the first time anyone has taken detailed pictures of each aspect of bondoing. I'll definitely watch this, and when the time comes for me to start bondoing I'll follow this by the book

P.S. - Where did you buy your spot putty at?

Wal-mart. But you can get it at autozone, napa, and orielly's.

Finally moving to other areas of the helmet, still so much more detailing to go...

Working on the brim and other top side as well as the other rounded areas.

0fe68333.jpg

df75ecfe.jpg

This is showing what was sanded from above and another skimming of spot putty. I lose track of how many times I have gone through this same process.

0fe5344b.jpg

d813a6dc.jpg

Once this sets up and is sanded I will spray it again with a light dusting of primer to see what I have let, in these areas, then move on to the others.
When the spot putty applying is done I will use my dremel to clean up the lines and make them crisp.

Attachments

• 0fe68333.jpg
    0fe68333.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 205
  • df75ecfe.jpg
    df75ecfe.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 0fe5344b.jpg
    0fe5344b.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 192
  • d813a6dc.jpg
    d813a6dc.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 193
Thanks for the replies. Keeps me going strong.

Well, this will give you an idea of the quality I am trying to obtain. Here is the top after a light dusting.

209eec20.jpg

This is what I thought still needed attention...

c6399bd2.jpg

Attachments

• 209eec20.jpg
    209eec20.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 170
  • c6399bd2.jpg
    c6399bd2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 167
Details

The ongoing quest for symmetry.

Here is a good way to get into the nooks, crannies, and crevices.

cf441903.jpg

Okay, I have cheated a bit. I have a good amount of tools to pull from and decided to use my Dremel Multi-Max and it is a Godsend.

8ea8a908.jpg

32f7ef35.jpg

Build and sand to create perfect symmetry.

0d36fa36.jpg

30eb2124.jpg

Attachments

• 8ea8a908.jpg
    8ea8a908.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 179
  • cf441903.jpg
    cf441903.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 32f7ef35.jpg
    32f7ef35.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 30eb2124.jpg
    30eb2124.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 0d36fa36.jpg
    0d36fa36.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 159
This is truly the way to greatness, time and patience (sometimes, you have to throw in a need for perfection). This is going to look great. You going to paint it MC style or a custom look?

EDIT: Also, another question, are you going to mold this thing? Would be excellent to own one of these.

This is truly the way to greatness, time and patience (sometimes, you have to throw in a need for perfection). This is going to look great. You going to paint it MC style or a custom look?

EDIT: Also, another question, are you going to mold this thing? Would be excellent to own one of these.

Dude moulding sounds like a good idea cause i mean this is going to be one hell of an imaculate peice

I've been thinking about molding and it's still up in the air. I wouldn't mind having a solid cast for piece of mind though.

I am still deciding on the paint. I will take as much time with it as I am with the bondo stage. My two choices right now are the dull green with battle wear or a dark blue with accents that has a clear coat to make it shine and look like a piece of art...Oh the decisions to make!

No area is safe from the wrath of my spot putty...

7e8a8dd0.jpg

4828902b.jpg

Attachments

• 7e8a8dd0.jpg
    7e8a8dd0.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 4828902b.jpg
    4828902b.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 170
savage build dude, super attention to detail and patience with the bondo! hope i can get mine looking somewhere near as good as this.

looking great man for your first build i kinda rushed mine but didnt use a hd helmet and reallly didnt know how much i would enjoy this i will def be watching this thread for your progress and also for my new helmet when i start it. Also will you be doing any of the armor??

looking great man for your first build i kinda rushed mine but didnt use a hd helmet and reallly didnt know how much i would enjoy this i will def be watching this thread for your progress and also for my new helmet when i start it. Also will you be doing any of the armor??

Technically not my first build. I haven't posted my others except maybe the iron man. I do plan on doing a full so just no time or schedule as to when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back