Old/new Elite Sword "the Duel" Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
AceHigh said:
Not all props are made to be carried, some are just made to be awesome.

THAT is a sweet quote right there! I love it! And it is sooo true!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jedi Spartan said:
THAT is a sweet quote right there! I love it! And it is sooo true!!!

Yeah....You wouldn't want to carry this big guy.....

May I present, the finished Display model, hand cut in all its glory!!

The one with me holding it is a little far off and in the sun, I just wanted everyone to know the scale. I stand 6'0", and it weighs about 25 lbs. Not too bad considering. I will be building a "portable" version out of wood with a metal core for strength. But that wont be for a week or 2 since I will be gone next week. Hope you guys like it!

[attachment=15721:holdingfinishedsword copy.jpg]

[attachment=15722:finishedsword.jpg]

dude that is SWEAT! btw how sharp is it? in the episode (SPOILER ALERT) he was able to cut open the arbiters chest and pretty much all his blood spilled out :p(end of SPOILER ALERT)and that might cause security at cons to be a little iffy about the whole "movie acurate weapon" thingy :)

AI Blue Fox said:
dude that is SWEAT! btw how sharp is it? in the episode (SPOILER ALERT) he was able to cut open the arbiters chest and pretty much all his blood spilled out :p(end of SPOILER ALERT)and that might cause security at cons to be a little iffy about the whole "movie acurate weapon" thingy :)

That one is not sharpened. Just for show ;) . I didn't want to sharpen it in case one of my idiot friends comes over and tries to swing it for some unholy reason.

rdwombat said:
[...]

I made the original template out of MDF with a Jigsaw and a lot of time drawing out the design on the MDF. I took the technical drawing and measured all the little teeth on paper. Then scaled it up the best I could, and I am very grateful to you for the original drawing. I hope I can live up to your expectations. :D

You're welcome, dude. I'm glad my schematics could once again be of use for someone's project ;) And from what I can see of your now-finished build, you've more than met my own expectations for this.

rdwombat said:
[...]

May I present, the finished Display model, hand cut in all its glory!!

The one with me holding it is a little far off and in the sun, I just wanted everyone to know the scale. I stand 6'0", and it weighs about 25 lbs. Not too bad considering. I will be building a "portable" version out of wood with a metal core for strength. But that wont be for a week or 2 since I will be gone next week. Hope you guys like it!

[attachment=15722:finishedsword.jpg]

Like it? I love it! That looks awesome, man. Fantastic job you did on that. As such, I think you deserve this:

sealSpartanII.jpg

:D

Thanks for the comments guys, and I love the seal. It means a lot that other people like it too. This week has been kinda crazy so I didn't get to work on the wooden one. but THANK YOU so much for the support and hopefully the next one will look good too. (fingers crossed)

That thing is amazing! Simple, but it's just plain awesome. I don't know about you, but I don't think I'd want to be seen around outside holding that thing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back