Omega's Halo 3 WIP Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Thanks.

Just a mini update. I've decided to go with a hybrid build. Potentially everything but the boots will be foam and for the boots I plan on using elements of both. Yeah thats right, I'm going to build my own pair of shoes.

Anyhow, left shin is assembled and right shin is being cut out. I'll post some pictures when I get some plasti-dip applied (you really don't want to see it yet, I'll make it look good but for now its a little rough. . .)

If anyone has tips for foaming PLEASE tell me, I'm more than willing to accept any advice from anybody.

Till next time.

Omega

^ Thanks.

Just a mini update. I've decided to go with a hybrid build. Potentially everything but the boots will be foam and for the boots I plan on using elements of both. Yeah thats right, I'm going to build my own pair of shoes.

Anyhow, left shin is assembled and right shin is being cut out. I'll post some pictures when I get some plasti-dip applied (you really don't want to see it yet, I'll make it look good but for now its a little rough. . .)

If anyone has tips for foaming PLEASE tell me, I'm more than willing to accept any advice from anybody.

Till next time.

Omega
Nice to see you are going the foam route. You can forget the fiberglass strips, use the respirator for burning details and... keep your clothes on :D
I know you've been looking at my WIP threads, so you've probably gone to my squidoo page and watched the vids? Try to put your seams in definition areas whenever you can and a good paintjob can cover any ugly work. It looks like you're going for the battle worn look anyway so however you make it I'm sure it will look good. Foam takes practice, just like fiberglass, I think I made 6 or 7 parts before my work started to look epic. Good luck

Yea, I did my thighs and shins (at least assembled) but being a senior in high school, a manager at Taco Bell, a college student, Amatuer music making AND several piano scholarships worth mucha mula, I've barely got time to eat, hopefully I'm going to finish HS asap (I'm homeschooled) and then have it done by June.

Really appreciate you stopping by and giving me some tips I can use all the help I can get.

And yep, I've sure been to the squidoo page more than once.

Thanks again!

Omega

It does sound like you have a full plate, and school and setting up your future income should be your first priority, that sets the stage for your hobby time, having the means and the resources to do what you want. I often use Longshot-X as a good role model for you youngsters, he went to school, got a degree, avoided excess alcohal, partying and/or chasing females and now he has a cushy job, paid vacations, all kinds of high end computer gadgets and he can play x-box 360 on his 8 foot projector screen anytime he wants. He could also drop $2500 into making a Halo suit just for fun, I'm sure you've seen his Master Chief masterpiece!

As for your armor bicep issue, I believe Longshot-X solved this problem with automotive trim. You could also try to make your own trim with thin strips of foam and plastidip. Good luck

Soo... I've been quite busy, but I've got some progress pics for ya, over the... excessive absence of mine form here I have assembled a pair of shin pieces, thigh pieces and most of the chest. I still need to construct my boots (I plan to build them entirely out of foam) and the COD piece.

Gamemaster, thanks for the words of encouragement! I am definitely trying to do exactly that, and he's a great inspiration to me!

I should have some pics within the week, though it's mostly rough construction with some plasti dipping.

Too long with no progress pics!

In addition to what is pictured I have the thighs, the shins and the crotch constructed. I have a fair bit of free time this summer to work, but this fall I'll be off to Nashville for college so I'm hoping to be done by the time that happens!

IMG_20120513_174205.jpg

IMG_20120513_174143.jpg

IMG_20120513_174133.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pics

Boot! Very big boot. This is a custom boot and it's made to be a height boosting, free standing unit. The under suit will have footies to keep skin from showing.

IMG_20120525_213308.jpg

IMG_20120525_213326.jpg

^with a highlighter to give some idea of scale.

IMG_20120525_213334.jpg

Quite the footprint

IMG_20120525_213340.jpg

I built the front with no template, completely just measured and cut some pieces, I really like the way it turned out!

My left shin is now painted and needs only padding a straps! I really like my paint job!

IMG_20120527_175132.jpg

^ Had to show off my car... :p

IMG_20120527_175148.jpg

IMG_20120527_175202.jpg

IMG_20120527_175212.jpg

IMG_20120527_175253.jpg

The crappy pictures really don't do much justice, they're only from my phone but I hope you get the idea... Any tips, comments or question are welcome!

Thanks for looking!

Omega

Got some pics coming soon!!! Just wanted to give a quick update, nearly everything's about done, I have a little painting and then I have to get my whole undersuit/pad job worked out. I'll try to get a few shots of me in the whole suit up this weekend. Gimme some feedback on what I've got up so far though please 405thers!

Thanks, and look forward to more,

Omega

Almost not a WIP anymore!

Hahahahahahaha! It's beautiful!!!!!! No undersuit as of yet and also I still have some detailing to do, but here's where I'm at now.

101_6533.jpg

There will be some black padding to cover my scrawny elbow (and ankles, though you can't really tell from these pictures. Well.. You kinda can actually)
101_6536.jpg

101_6535.jpg

Hands up!

Let me know what you think! And any tips on how I should pad between my elbow/ankles? I've got some ideas but I'd appreciate any advice!

SpartanPool.jpg

Kind of a zombie post on this thread. Just wanted to show off the finished undersuit and let you guys know I wasn't dead... I'm planning on taking some time this fall to put together a fiberglass chest piece and get the suit situated on me a little better, so given the current look of things what does anybody have to suggest?

Going to Comic Con in Nashville this weekend? - some 405thers are going... including myself, just asking and wondering :) Peace out and the suit looks great =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back