omfg Beowulf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Just got back from the movie theater, and um holy crap this is an amazing movie, the graphics are cool, but the best part is as follows Angelina Jolie+Computer graphics that make her look 10 years younger+full frontal and rear nudity. (yea she had some gold paint on her, but that was thin enough not to obscure ANYTHING, now she wasnt doing jumping jax above the camera, but i think its the most naked she's ever gotten for a movie. Its worth seeing even if you dont think she's hot, just a really really great film.

GruntOfAction said:
Did you see the second cloverfield trailer before the movie?

yea, still have no idea wtf thats about, but lets not get off topic! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Beowulf was awesome. The graphics was what got me, not seeing Angie naked. :rolleyes
I appreciated the way they made everything with such detail, it was really good.

'Twas a good movie, but they messed it from the literature in a way that makes LOTR look like it's par for par.

Nice graphicals, though.

Xavier said:
...but i think its the most naked she's ever gotten for a movie...

Girl, Interrupted - 1999
Original Sin - 2001

Check 'em out. ;)

23Magnum said:
Girl, Interrupted - 1999
Original Sin - 2001

Check 'em out. ;)

your right, i forgot those two, but still damn.

Xavier said:
Just got back from the movie theater, and um holy crap this is an amazing movie, the graphics are cool, but the best part is as follows Angelina Jolie+Computer graphics that make her look 10 years younger+full frontal and rear nudity. (yea she had some gold paint on her, but that was thin enough not to obscure ANYTHING, now she wasnt doing jumping jax above the camera, but i think its the most naked she's ever gotten for a movie. Its worth seeing even if you dont think she's hot, just a really really great film.

I saw it yesterday...one of the worst movies ive seen all year.. the best thing you could come up with was full frontal nudity, which BY THE WAY was shot
like this:

[attachment=1764:angelina..._and_ass.jpg]

meaning she never got nude for the movie, meaning you guys are drooling over a digital recreation and touch up of her. but what about the ACTUAL PLOT/ACTION/ EVERYTHING ELSE? there was nothing else of substance in this movie. The camera angles were bad (because it was digital they could place it where they wanted too a potentially good thing) and it was all set in an ugly looking area. I watched it in DLP so i agree it looked fantastic, but other than the characters, it was a barren hall, in a barren landscape. Aside from the constant reminders i was watching a dumbed down and unstylish version of 300, i wasted 10 bucks on a ticket i could have spentwatching american gangster again.

nudeness shouldnt make a movie good, it can be a plot point, or a change of pace, or just for art sake. if you want nudity go watch some pron...

lmao, nice, u could be a professional PITA critic if u put your mind to it, they took a poem and made it into a movie, of course its going to have flaws, and no nudity does not excuse bad plot lines, but this had a good plot line, so yea.

Plot? Action? Nevermind all that... I heard it has boobies!

:lol:

Geez.... if thats all anyone is talking about with this movie, it doesn't reflect well on the film..

I went to see it today cause I had to keep myself occupied for a few hours before helping to throw a suprise party for a buddy of mine. Unfortuneately I didnt get to finish the movie and had to walk out to get to the party in time. What I saw was really good though. I accedintally went into the 3d theatre though :D

For me a good movie has to have a great story that captivates me. SPecial effects are nice but in no way can they take the place of a good story. I think I will wait for this one to come out on DVD to rent it. If you want to see a good movie loosely based on the poem check out Beowulf & Grendel, has Gerard Butler in it as Beowulf, great story and I liked it so much I bought it.

Xavier said:
lmao, nice, u could be a professional PITA critic if u put your mind to it, they took a poem and made it into a movie, of course its going to have flaws, and no nudity does not excuse bad plot lines, but this had a good plot line, so yea.

But what is GOOD about the movie? what makes it a good movie?

R3unbreakable said:
I saw it yesterday...one of the worst movies ive seen all year.. the best thing you could come up with was full frontal nudity, which BY THE WAY was shot
like this:

[attachment=1764:angelina..._and_ass.jpg]

meaning she never got nude for the movie, meaning you guys are drooling over a digital recreation and touch up of her. but what about the ACTUAL PLOT/ACTION/ EVERYTHING ELSE? there was nothing else of substance in this movie. The camera angles were bad (because it was digital they could place it where they wanted too a potentially good thing) and it was all set in an ugly looking area. I watched it in DLP so i agree it looked fantastic, but other than the characters, it was a barren hall, in a barren landscape. Aside from the constant reminders i was watching a dumbed down and unstylish version of 300, i wasted 10 bucks on a ticket i could have spentwatching american gangster again.

nudeness shouldnt make a movie good, it can be a plot point, or a change of pace, or just for art sake. if you want nudity go watch some pron...

Besides your opinion, you didn't make one good point about why this movie was bad. First off, did you even know what or who Beowulf was before seeing this movie? And if you did, you obviously have no respect for good literature when you compare this story to 300. Everything is unstylistic compared to 300, that's what 300 was, a loose, over the top, version of realistic events, i.e. - fiction.
Beowulf is one of the oldest if not THE oldest story about dragons and fictitious beasts ever written. In fact, it had to be translated because it was written in Old English that dates back as far as the 5th century. This is story influence almost every modern tale about dragons and mythical creatures you see or hear today. For example, though it's not the best as it wasn't that great of a movie, but still enjoyable and good in my opinion, was 'The Thirteenth Warrior'. That was basically the same story just rewritten to fit more into reality. But, almost any tale you hear with wizards, monsters, swords, and heroes, stems from this tale. Even one the best writers in the world was influence by this story, J.R.R. Tolkien.

Keep in mind when you transfer a book or written work to the screen, you have a certain obligation to the author and the readers to make the movie as close to the original work as possible.

Truthfully, I have yet to see the film, but I have no doubt in my mind I will enjoy it. Even if it isn't the best movie this year, I'm sure it will be much better than most of the dribble you see on the big screen these days.

Also, it's true nudity doesn't make the movie, but didn't 300 also have several points with nudity? That doesn't make 300 bad does it?

Know what you talking about before you open your month to insult someone else's work next time.

Have i read the poem? yes, did you see the movie? no, you write

23Magnum said:
Know what you talking about before you open your month to insult someone else's work next time.

and yet, you have never seen the movie, so how would YOU know what you were talking about?

Secondly you write
23Magnum said:
Also, it's true nudity doesn't make the movie, but didn't 300 also have several points with nudity? That doesn't make 300 bad does it?

Of course nudity is fine in a movie, i support it. But 300 was also a stylised movie. The whole point is beowulf doesn't have style. sure its overlayed in with a digital cosmetic change, but that doesnt mean it has filmmaking style.

But the most boggling point that you try to make is that i don't know, or realize the influence of Beowulf in the modern fantasy. Not true, im disappointed they tried to adapt Beowulf into a Leonidas for their movie. It would be like putting a happy ending on the Odyssey, where instead of being forgotten by his people, he is remembered for all time and gets a billion women, and cures cancer.

so to conclude you probably should

23Magnum said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back