Omg Bad Luck With Halo3 Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balmung

okay me and my friend stayed at gamestop and got the collectors addition of ODST, well i came over the next day after school and it was the first time for both of us to play it, well like after a couple mission, and fire fight, a friend of ours calls and wanted us to come over and system link for us all to play ODST, well i went home to eat and come back. Later when i came back i walked into the house and into the room where we were playin, like 5 minutes of signin in and join parties, etc. my friend who called us over to his house walked by the xbox and tripped over the ethernet cable, which slung the xbox side ways onto the floor from it's stand up position and the xbox made the most horriable grindin noise. We quickly took out the game, it was completely cracked in half.My friend was so mad he just got up and left, since i had money to spare i ran up to him down the street and gave him my brand new copy of ODST. I later went back up to game stop and bought me another 2 ODST's just in case.

Wow...you bought 2 ODST's? You pointed it out yourself, he knocked over the Xbox, and because of that the disc drive destroyed the disc. Maybe if you didn't have wires lying everywhere, that wouldn't happen. Or, better yet, it would be great if your Xbox wasn't high above the ground.

Also, would it kill you to use grammar or cut straight to the point? I felt like I was ready something that should be on blogspot.

There should be more good friends like you in the world! And having extra copies is never really a bad thing.

Lesson? Secure your wires and game system so something like that possibly wont happen again.

Hopefully the lens on the console itself wasn't damaged, as can happen when the thing falls over like that. This is the reason I invested in a cabinet. Good for you though, buying those extra copies. Not sure you needed THAT many extras, it's not like there's going to be a shortage...

the other moral of the story,

don't put you xbox in a vertical standing when not in a secure area....

It has happened to me and my friends, but I came out from it with out any scratches or breaks.

yeah well i learned my lesson always have a back up ODST lol, well it was sitting on the floor but the floor was wooden so that might be why the disc broke. The xbox was completely fine.

Why does everyone always have their 360's standing up right. They are NOT meant to stand like that, even if they are advertised like so.

- Adulese

ok i have a worse story for my odst realease day,i got odst around 6 and played it for 5 min and it froze,so i just turned my xbox off and turned it back on and i have the red rings of death

good news my grandparents lent me 300 bukks and i went and got an elite

Sorry to hear that happened man, these things are just what you need tho, teaches somethings in the grand scheme. It was very noble of you to cover for your friends ruined disc too. many people could learn from you

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Wow...you bought 2 ODST's? You pointed it out yourself, he knocked over the Xbox, and because of that the disc drive destroyed the disc. Maybe if you didn't have wires lying everywhere, that wouldn't happen. Or, better yet, it would be great if your Xbox wasn't high above the ground.

Also, would it kill you to use grammar or cut straight to the point? I felt like I was ready something that should be on blogspot.

Wow, that was a flat out flame and bash, wholly unnecessary. He was only sharing his day with like minded individuals...

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Harding29 - Dude, I totally feel you. My Xbox red ring'd after a few minutes of me setting up my ODST profile. I was merely seconds away from pressing 'A' on Start Mission. Though I don't have the cash for a new box, my box is still under the 3 year red ring warranty. Just gotta send it away soon.

It's driving me nuts how my friends are all Firefight-ing without me.

Oh well, it gives me more time to build my suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back