On A Mission To Build 6 Suits! Yeah 6 Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purrie said:
Did you buy the SMGs from the guy who carves his out of wood? Forgot his name... or did you make them yourself? If you bought them, could you let me know how much you got them for and from who?

Btw, there IS a pep-file for the SMG sight if you feel like making one. it's only like 3-4 pieces and you could make it in like 10 min max since your other sight broke...

They said, and I quote at the beginning of their post, that the smg's were from "LeeKeegan". You should just P.M. him yourself for the price. I don't think it would be quite right for anybody here to state the price, seeing as how they are his to begin with. Oh and btw, I just recently bought myself one of Lee's M6C ODST pistols for my ODST build. And Lee is an amazing woodsman, and I would highly recommend him for the purchase of any weapon you would like to aquire! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Purrie said:
Did you buy the SMGs from the guy who carves his out of wood? Forgot his name... or did you make them yourself? If you bought them, could you let me know how much you got them for and from who?

Btw, there IS a pep-file for the SMG sight if you feel like making one. it's only like 3-4 pieces and you could make it in like 10 min max since your other sight broke...

Like Altair651 said i bought them from LeeKegan and he does one hell of job on these weapons, and yeah i do know about the SMG SIGHT its just that i don't have it on my schedule to build that

Nightshade said:
WOW! I love this topic! Definitely gonna follow this! I'm gonna use some of your pictures as references for painting/strapping/ etc. I really love the paintjobs your guys are giving these pieces! Great-looking weathering! Do you give each piece two or three coats of silver/aluminum, one of the exterior color and then scrape away with low-grit sandpaper? I'd really appreciate a clear explanation (I'd ask for a video, but you guys look pretty busy as it is ...)

Great work! Keep it up!

Shade

AHHH that means alot coming from you Nightshade LOL *acts seriously now* and yeah I basically dry brushed the whole ODST with GLOSS BLACK, and GREY, and SILVER and Aluminum for the damage, and I also rubbed off a couple of silver parts when i was drybrushing witha cloth and it also adds that effect i guess (I THink I read about that somewhere i just don't know where?)

and for the video maybe near the end of this operation I'll give you guys a good clear explanation of wat i did :)

Altair651 said:
They said, and I quote at the beginning of their post, that the smg's were from "LeeKeegan". You should just P.M. him yourself for the price. I don't think it would be quite right for anybody here to state the price, seeing as how they are his to begin with. Oh and btw, I just recently bought myself one of Lee's M6C ODST pistols for my ODST build. And Lee is an amazing woodsman, and I would highly recommend him for the purchase of any weapon you would like to aquire! :)

YEAP your right and thankx for letting the other people know Altair

HEy there guys and i thought i show what i did with my Marine HELMET now

Photo0051.jpg

Salute to the UNSC! :) the helmet was just painted with the base colors before I put some battle damage

Photo0055.jpg

Photo0053.jpg

and I finished the padding in the ODST helmet (I kinda did a whatever job on it, so later on I had to fix it)

Photo0056.jpg

Photo0057.jpg

NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PICTURES!?!?

Afters words we celebrated for what we did after a long day at work with some good ol' fashion hometown pizza

Photo0058.jpg

YEAH... I need 2 know something from you guys

do you guys think the pistol is tad 2 big? JUST give me what you think

Photo0046.jpg

and yeah i'm thinking of putting this BUCK knife on the MARINE chest Armor 2 as well

Photo0036.jpg

Drgnfyre4 beat me to it, but it can take repeating. Awesome!

As for your questions, the difference I see between the pictures is that the helmet has come down an inch or so on the second pic. I like that look better, though it looks like you have an edge on the helmet that might obscure your view a bit. If that's not a problem, I'd say go for that one.

The gun does look a little big. I don't have a clue if it is game accurate or not, but I would personally scale it down a bit. I think it would make for a more natural look in your hand.

Gun is a bit big. I had the same problem on my pistol and I'm a big guy. But the suit and helmet look awesome. I hope I run into you at the con when I'm there on friday.

Great job on the finishing your first odst suit guys, keep up the great work! This gives me alot of inspiration! Me and my friend have already started to work on our odst suits (Buck, and Mickey) so keep your eye out for our wip (coming soon). It will be a slow progress thread, because of the crappy weather we are having out here, but still, its something that we are pumped for! Again, I can't wait to see where this goes, I think your deadline's are going to be met (you guys are fast)! :)

that is looking absolutely awesome! its great when you have friends cooperating, lots of fun and it makes it easier.

it looks big but it looks small in the game becasue your a 8ft tall superhuman. Also they sayt the pistols are pretty big. the suits look amazing and your making them pretty fast. hope to see them all done by comic con

Nice work! I like how you're making each suit diverse from the others, rather than just uniform suits. Excellent paint and detail work as well :D

Wow, those suits are looking great! I'm really digging the Marine helmet as well... I think the skull on it is a very nice touch.

Looking good guys! Keep it up! :)

Altair651 said:
Great job on the finishing your first odst suit guys, keep up the great work! This gives me alot of inspiration! Me and my friend have already started to work on our odst suits (Buck, and Mickey) so keep your eye out for our wip (coming soon). It will be a slow progress thread, because of the crappy weather we are having out here, but still, its something that we are pumped for! Again, I can't wait to see where this goes, I think your deadline's are going to be met (you guys are fast)! :)

Wow Altair that means alot coming from you, and thank you everyone for your compliments on the work me and the guys are doing...

and I knew everyone was goin 2 say that the pistol was big, but I'm going 2 finish it. I don't why but I like the size of it, it feels like it could stop a brute or a elite with one shot.

Yeah Looks like my armor making progress is going 2 have 2 slow down again because of school now, the Mass Effect 2 game (I went 10 hours straight playing it the day it came out, the hell was I doing!!!), and everything else thats revolving around my life.

Hopefully when my friends go 2 college they won't be bogged down like me :(

Nice job! Can't wait to see it all finished! I'm making 4 ODSTs and my friend is working a Halo Wars Spartan! I'm not planning on going to a convention yet but I will be making live action shorts for the 405th community and Youtube.

The King Cobra said:
Nice job! Can't wait to see it all finished! I'm making 4 ODSTs and my friend is working a Halo Wars Spartan! I'm not planning on going to a convention yet but I will be making live action shorts for the 405th community and Youtube.

Yeah thats awesome man Me and my friend (he wants to be a director) wants 2 do the same thing since we got like 4 Marines and 2 ODST and one REACH Spartan going 2 be done in the near future.

Supposebly we're going 2 fight the insurrections or innes(rebels in the Halo Universe) and he hasn't came up with the plot yet but Still its going 2 be awesome

Sorry for the double post, but I got a update I forgot 2 post.

So yeah here it is

The Pistol is painted, I decided not 2 bondo it because I was lazy as always

Photo0059.jpg

Photo0061.jpg

and I finished putting the finishing touches on the Marine Helmet ( and yeah I thought I plug in a radio headset so I could keep in contact of my men at the convention lol

Photo0063.jpg

Photo0065.jpg

and finally I decided 2 put on what i had on my suit (BE AWARE! This is not my final design of what I'm going 2 wear)

Photo0067.jpg

Photo0069.jpg

that suit must be made of awsome :eek but isnt there a belt that attatches to the chest and back? that pitol looks nice too, ill have to make my own :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back