Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh! This build is exciting! The gear you're finding for this is awesome. Can't wait to see it come together.

Ooh! This build is exciting! The gear you're finding for this is awesome. Can't wait to see it come together.
I’ve been on vacation since the begging of the month and have had some stuff ordered. I get home tomorrow and really want to take some pictures of what I currently got goin lol.

I really want to find a nice way to mount my phone to my wrist to give it a tac pad look. The only thing I’m finding unfortunately it like jogging equipment. Im still lookin though. The way I figure is if a Light Lrrp needed a motion tracker, something wrist mounted would do best.

I’m also looking at some Grenades on Etsy and may buy a few to mount to the belt.

I’ve been on vacation since the begging of the month and have had some stuff ordered. I get home tomorrow and really want to take some pictures of what I currently got goin lol.

I really want to find a nice way to mount my phone to my wrist to give it a tac pad look. The only thing I’m finding unfortunately it like jogging equipment. Im still lookin though. The way I figure is if a Light Lrrp needed a motion tracker, something wrist mounted would do best.

I’m also looking at some Grenades on Etsy and may buy a few to mount to the belt.

Cool! I actually made a wrist-style mount for my digital camera (so I can play pre-recorded videos) it's rough, but follows a similar concept. I would be very interested in trying a build similar to this, there's not many ONI/Spec ops marines out there. Have fun!

Found these pictures on an older thread and I really want to do the same.

The pictures come from TheSafariMan and JeepSierra. (Apologies to the dudes if I misspelled your names)

20199823-30E8-4D55-B1FB-DE09B50B44F0.jpeg

1805DBD7-072B-47AB-8523-FD2C7E2BC599.jpeg

3F1FD434-B630-4050-AC5E-4F154DE0F344.jpeg

View attachment 258213

View attachment 258214

View attachment 258215

View attachment 258216

So I got home from my vacation and finally started throwing together some of my kit. At this point it still needs work.

The first three pics are what I currently have for gear. I still need pouches to fill up the belt, plus pack still in transit along With a ONI Boogeyman patch. I’m also on the hunt for leg armor that looks like what ODSTs use. I have zero skill building at this point and maybe in the future I will but right now I’m searching. Coming up with just full sets of armor but I’m patient somewhat.

Pack is still in transit and once it gets here the rolled up ODST flag will get strapped to it somewhere, gotta represent after all.

Weapons wise I got the Ma5, M6, and Designator to paint still. Might do that Sunday if I’m not to beat. Gonna end up doin like how others have done. Maybe down the line I’ll throw a suppressor on the MA5.

And of course like lrrp fashion of the day got a “acquisitioned” enemy rifle. Might just leave that alone.

6A9F83E9-7A9A-4F17-8F3C-4730094A7A63.jpeg

E2C59565-8AEF-4E3A-83F2-10180A6C8989.jpeg

36105B87-E9E3-4CA9-9A4D-5043253D7484.jpeg

1C9C3824-8E8F-415C-AD4F-4F8F041082DB.jpeg

674EE768-42A1-46E6-ADD5-01FF2E582DF2.jpeg

0BB2BAD3-A3BC-42D7-B22E-750013E5C7CF.jpeg

okay I like where your heads at, because I've been there. built a platoon of marine armor... which was a pain because I had to make 12 copys of the same parts, FYI the marines in halo one were a mix of ODST and Marines if you need to know more read the FLOOD. but the real fun part was customizing them which lead to coms, corespe men, sniper teams, ship personal, CQC, Intel officers (ONI), demos, and basic marines all of which was fun to build, and btw it took my a year and a haft to build all of them.

okay I like where your heads at, because I've been there. built a platoon of marine armor... which was a pain because I had to make 12 copys of the same parts, FYI the marines in halo one were a mix of ODST and Marines if you need to know more read the FLOOD. but the real fun part was customizing them which lead to coms, corespe men, sniper teams, ship personal, CQC, Intel officers (ONI), demos, and basic marines all of which was fun to build, and btw it took my a year and a haft to build all of them.

I’m not trying to mimic any true unit from halo at them moment. If you read further up I’m taking a bunch of ques from LRRPs and mixing it with 2552. Yes I’ve read the flood, but this something more suited for say like recon on Gao lol. Think ONI on a jungle planet during the early Insurrection.

Last edited:
So I got home from my vacation and finally started throwing together some of my kit. At this point it still needs work.

The first three pics are what I currently have for gear. I still need pouches to fill up the belt, plus pack still in transit along With a ONI Boogeyman patch. I’m also on the hunt for leg armor that looks like what ODSTs use. I have zero skill building at this point and maybe in the future I will but right now I’m searching. Coming up with just full sets of armor but I’m patient somewhat.

Pack is still in transit and once it gets here the rolled up ODST flag will get strapped to it somewhere, gotta represent after all.

Weapons wise I got the Ma5, M6, and Designator to paint still. Might do that Sunday if I’m not to beat. Gonna end up doin like how others have done. Maybe down the line I’ll throw a suppressor on the MA5.

And of course like lrrp fashion of the day got a “acquisitioned” enemy rifle. Might just leave that alone.

View attachment 258314

View attachment 258315

View attachment 258316

View attachment 258317

View attachment 258318

View attachment 258319

The camo looks great, a lot like the marines in the infinite trailer! The suspension/webbing harness is really neat too. I think the tricky part with building marine loadouts like this is making them distinctly "halo" because without enough detail or what have you, they could be mistaken for COD or battlefield. You're definitely paying attention to those details! Btw, Where did you get the UNSC patch, and the ODST flag? Pretty sweet.

The camo looks great, a lot like the marines in the infinite trailer! The suspension/webbing harness is really neat too. I think the tricky part with building marine loadouts like this is making them distinctly "halo" because without enough detail or what have you, they could be mistaken for COD or battlefield. You're definitely paying attention to those details! Btw, Where did you get the UNSC patch, and the ODST flag? Pretty sweet.

Agreed, trying to make it look distinctly Halo is gonna take a sec. Making it look Halo is the hump I’m trying to get over. Mainly the parts that make it look Halo I’m waiting for to arrive or I’m still looking for. I’m drawing some inspiration from nightfall as well on how the ONI dudes were kites. My idea is taking them and thinking how would they go in the jungle? Ditching a lot of armor not cause I don’t want to look for it but because if you’ve ever tried going through a jungle in full combat kit, it’s no bueno.

-Waiting on an Odst helmet I’m gonna customize to look more wooded.

-I want to make two thigh rigs, one with a pistol holster and one with a hardcase like the Spartans use in Reach.

-Looking for shin armor like what the ODSTs and marines use, having issues finding it since either I find full sets or kits. I don’t feel confident til I learn more and see more examples up close.

-Still looking around to make a wrist “Tac Pad” with my phone.

The flag was on Amazon lol. The patch may still be there or Etsy??? I’ve had it awhile.

What I’m hoping brings it together is the addition of the UNSC pack with ODST helmet. Though a done up Ma5 should help a decent bit. The obstacle I have is it’s something that’s not really represented anywhere lol

Agreed, trying to make it look distinctly Halo is gonna take a sec. Making it look Halo is the hump I’m trying to get over. Mainly the parts that make it look Halo I’m waiting for to arrive or I’m still looking for. I’m drawing some inspiration from nightfall as well on how the ONI dudes were kites. My idea is taking them and thinking how would they go in the jungle? Ditching a lot of armor not cause I don’t want to look for it but because if you’ve ever tried going through a jungle in full combat kit, it’s no bueno.

-Waiting on an Odst helmet I’m gonna customize to look more wooded.

-I want to make two thigh rigs, one with a pistol holster and one with a hardcase like the Spartans use in Reach.

-Looking for shin armor like what the ODSTs and marines use, having issues finding it since either I find full sets or kits. I don’t feel confident til I learn more and see more examples up close.

-Still looking around to make a wrist “Tac Pad” with my phone.

The flag was on Amazon lol. The patch may still be there or Etsy??? I’ve had it awhile.

Yeah, that's definitely the trick. If you can get just a few pieces of armor that would add to the look. Obviously, the ODST helmet will be instantly recognizable. Thanks for telling me about the patch and flag, I found the flag on Amazon and a similar (if not the same) patch on there as well. I didn't know Amazon had such cool Halo merch!

There's definitely plenty of resources here and around the internet, so if you want to try building, you'll have a good knowledge base to start from. I'm a newb when it comes to building, I have mostly all of the materials, but I haven't gotten deep into a build yet, at least when it comes to putting the armor together (EVA foam in my case) I've been sourcing my supplies and stuff and I have other projects going on like repaints.

I attached pics of my digital camera "tacpad" it's really rough (sort of a mockup). I made it out of EVA foam with super glue and straps hotglued to the bottom. Since your phone is going to be a lot thinner than my camera, it shouldn't be too hard rigging something up. I don't have any right now, but elastic would probably have been a better way to wear this. The fit is awkward and I need to wear a sleeve in order for it to fit on my skinny wrist (I'm not afraid to admit it:D)

IMG_2533.JPG

IMG_2534.JPG

Yeah definitely the look of the tac pad I’m goin for or would want to. I need to learn about Eva foam stuff as well, I definitely want to be able to keep it in safely. Though rigging it up with a cable to a portable battery in the pack has me thinkin now.

Yeah definitely the look of the tac pad I’m goin for or would want to. I need to learn about Eva foam stuff as well, I definitely want to be able to keep it in safely. Though rigging it up with a cable to a portable battery in the pack has me thinkin now.

That sounds like a cool idea. Looking forward to see what you come up with. Punished props has a lot of great videos about working with foam, how to seal/paint it and all that good stuff. That helped me a ton with getting everything straight in my head.

I’m not trying to mimic any true unit from halo at them moment. If you read further up I’m taking a bunch of ques from LRRPs and mixing it with 2552. Yes I’ve read the flood, but this something more suited for say like recon on Gao lol. Think ONI on a jungle planet during the early Insurrection.

I get that but I'm pretty sure I've seen a concept art for one somewhere I'll look in my achieve and see if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back