Onlive, New Gaming Console Announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadingspartan

It streams all games from Xbox and Wii. I'm kind of scared. I hope it fails since I already have 3 consoles and then just to have 1 equal 3 would suck.

Link

Sounds kind of interesting to me, my internet can easily handle it.

I would like to own my games/systems though, I'm not much of a you pay an assload and you don't even own it kind of person.

I don't think I would be too in to it except for the computer games thing, would make some RTS players very happy.

my internet can easily handle it.

haha doubtful.

To pull down an HD data stream in real time and keep up the fps that a dedicated piece of hardware can produce would require a stupid amount of bandwidth. I find it incredibly hard to believe we have a fiber infrastructure capable of supporting this kind of service. But here's to hoping! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I would mainly get it for PC games (if I got it at all). I know my internet could handle it though, with ease.

Let me rephrase that then "My internet will be able to handle it by the time it is full swing" :lol: .

I upgrade my service the moment there is a faster service available.

Charter is getting 36 Meg soon and I'm upgrading to it the moment it comes out (if cheaper than a equal if not better fiber service).

Erg online streaming games? What type of games you got already streaming...
Instant gaming (first browser game i actually think it can pull of)
runescape... Not saying a word... Dont want flame...
Eer some 2d games Ooh and cant forget the games from maidmarian.com...

I dont really think this console will attract many buyers. I wouldnt buy it atleast.
But i could see wy people would buy it though.

i can see the point if it allows ppl who don't want/ can't get something like a 360 but will allow the to play things like H3 and HW then i say go ahead

Think it said somewhere that for standard def TV's, you have to have 1.5 Mbit speed. I have that now, but for HDtv's it's 5 Mbit.

No one around here offers that, so I'm not planning on getting it. Good idea in concept though, I just can't see it being efficient right now.

EDIT : Yeah, on IGN : http://pc.ign.com/articles/965/965535p1.html

reminds me of a old subscription service they had for the sega genesis when i was a kid. it was a game cartridge that was basically just a modem and it let you stream your choice of like 1 of 4 games and they would change every month.
i never had it but my cousin in oklahoma did.

This is most likely the way that gaming is going in the future.

The concept is there, but I don't think the execution is going to be done properly by these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back