Order of steps for my helmet???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohaple

Jr Member
OK, just finished assembly of my helmet, but i was wondering what to do now, i have fiberglass cloth, fiberglass resin, bondo body filler, and the great stuff foam reccommended by this site for filling the brim and stuff, what order do i need to do these in, not including paint which will be last

You want to resin it first on the outside, just paint on a layer (some recommend one, others recommend more). Let that harden. I would do the foam next, then fiberglass the inside. Once all of that has hardened you use the bondo to shape the outside.

sorry off the topic but how did u know the diffrence from a mountain fold to a vally fold i know the diffrence when do u know when to fold and if its a valley or mountain

ok, thanks, that is what i had planned on, but i wasnt sure if i was supposed to resin the outside or not, cause i didnt know if the bondo would stick to it

and look under the pepakura tut in the construction area, it tells you all about it

the mountain fold lines look something like --------------
The valley fold lines look like -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-. (the periods are level with the lines though)

ok, thanks, that is what i had planned on, but i wasnt sure if i was supposed to resin the outside or not, cause i didnt know if the bondo would stick to it

Body filler wont "stick" to the resin unless you sand the resin before applying the body filler, I recommend at least 160 grit. Bondo does best on a porous surface or something that does not have a smooth finish... Resin will usually have a fairly smooth finish once it cures...

Resin outside, fiberglass inside, sand outside, body filler outside, sand outside to shape body filler, prime piece, finish sand with a fine sand paper... paint...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back