Osdt A Soft Armor Set + Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU STOLE MY IDEA!!! :) I've been thinking of doing something just like this for months, but instead of the vest, and soccer shinguards, I was going to use a motorcross pressure suit (I want to play airsoft in it). Looks great, I just might make my own!

I would like to hear more about how you made the chestplate. It looks simple, but durable.

Also, check out some airsoft websites for MOLLE leg rigs. You could mount a holster or spare mags for the MP7 on the rigs.

HoL said:
Small but big update, found cool straping with buttons at jo-anns craft place, i will try to make a custom leg rig to hold the guns and switch between them. will post later on how it works.

Images Removed

Im not cutting this, This is what it looks like folded up, i did have a handle extention but cut it off cause it didnt look right.

..... looks like you got the same gloves as I did you pay $5 for yours too?

Last edited by a moderator:
The chest plate ....well...its a cheerios box. The hard smooth cardboard of the box looked better than regular cardboard, Easy to cut keeps its hard form, and no lines when you spray paint it. The way i attach it, was to take an old best buy name take i had (got like 4) and use the metal strip and magnets to attach them to the center pouch of the vest, works good.

The Gloves are about 8 buck where I got them.

Will post many pics the midnight release of halo 3: ODST.

Also seeing how quick i did this, thinking to add more to the costume to get better accurate. Going make the ODST shoudler pads, nut and leg guards out of Cereal boxes too (The cardboard is very good to use i think). Im gona try to find dark camo pants & long sleeve shirt to be more accurate, (found dark but with White added in, also found the right dark but only in shorts). Later,I will do after odst maybe before halloween, find dark metalic gray spray paint to more accuratly get the coloring of the ODSTs.

I love the blue visor. In the first pic of it it was white (ish), so what did you do to it to get the blue color and still be able to see through it. Or did you get something else. I may have missed the answer earlier, so if I did sorry...

GO here to see how everything turned out.

Preview

IMG_0443.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back