Out Of Town 9/6/08 - 9/13/08-- Update: Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Vex, enjoy your looooong week off. Hopefully it will go slowly so the both of you can enjoy every moment. My wedding/honeymoon is 8 months away and counting. Suppose I should get a countdown going for that, considering DoC knows how I roll now. :lol:

Hehe thanks guys for all the kind words. I will definitely have lots of pictures when I get back :)

We should be getting the few pretty days in between the two tropical storms hehe.

When I got to work this morning, my Uncle who works at the desk beside mine said, "You know, North Carolina declared a state of Emergency on the coast." Oblivious to the weather warnings I replied, "Oh...so they heard we were coming?"

My fiance called me this morning, panicked that he had forgot something too.

Mikal: "We have no liquor babe!!".
Me: "Huh? Oh for the reception?"
<pause>
"Wait...why would we want to give OUR friends liquor?"
Mikal: "Oh...good point. Nevermind then."

:D

Oh, I thought you guys were gonna have your wedding at installation 04

Hehe, in true spartan fashion, we ARE getting married at a fort XD. Fort Macon to be specific. Cannons!!! I didn't want to get sand on our nice clothes so we are having it in the Parade Grounds there.

Entering Wedding in...3...2....1...Beep!

fortmacon.png

After the wedding we will all go chill at the reception in our beach house. It should be a kickin' party. People may change out to their swimsuits.

baytree.png

reception.png

beach.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow looks gorgeous Vexona. Yeah you'll have to get lots of pics! We're getting married in St. Augustine down here in Florida. Then a two week cruise to the Mediterranean, start off in Rome (SPARTA!!!!) :lol: and Athens, all around there. Should be fun, but your locations look amazing might have to think about reworking ours now! haha We actually thought about getting married down here at the fort in St. Augustine, but figured it would be too much of a hassle dealing with the national park service, especially considering they only allow weddings there like 1 day a week. Oh well. Little side note on our wedding, the reception site has a minimum price and because we're inviting a small amt of people we pretty much had to get a full open bar with top shelf liquor for 4 hours in order to meet the minimum :lol:

They don't have any active cannons there still do they? Would be awesome if they could fire one after the ceremony!

After looking at those pictures, now I wanna get married. I said I hope you have a great time, but now I know you'll have a great time.

Phew!

Got back around 8pm on Saturday night. I came home kicking and screaming lol...I did not want to leave! We spent the remainder of Saturday enjoying the little bit of my 23rd birthday that I had left. Mikal bought me a Canon Digital Elph camera so I wouldn't have to carry my big SLR everywhere if I didn't want to. He also picked me up Spore and I played that a lot on Sunday too. It was a good b-day...I'm going to be playing with my new pressies a lot in the spare time after work hehe.

As for the trip, the beach was pretty the entire time. The sky stayed clear 90% of the trip and the air/water temp was super warm. Hanna made very little effect on the weather there except for the strength of the waves. The water was powerful and choppy for the early part of the week and made the rip tide very strong. It didn't stop Mikal and his friends from body surfing though. They got pummeled but enjoyed themselves for the most part. The water calmed down by Friday and the nest of turtle eggs in front of our rental house hatched right before we left. We saw little turtle prints in the sand the next morning....daaaw.

The wedding went off perfectly... it really could not have gone better! Everyone remembered their queues, my mother didn't cry loudly (awesome), my family had the colonnade set up with our flowers better than I could have imagined, and all the people that I really cared about were there for us. Our wedding music wasn't traditional, but it sounded fairly classical to those who didn't recognize the songs. We chose instrumental selections from NIN (A Warm Place and we remixed a song from Ghosts). Not many people get married to NIN (we decided Closer was a bit too forward ;P and settled on the aforementioned hehe) but the music was beautiful and was true to our style. It seemed so surreal walking up the aisle but neither of us was nervous at all. We wrote out the whole ceremony together and we each said our vows without missing a beat. It was the most sincere and intense thing I've ever experienced. We had been waiting on our kiss all day and spent plenty of time doing so. Get a room! lol

Our reception went wonderfully too. It was the most family we've ever had together in one place. There were some family members we hadn't seen in so long and it was awesome to have them there with us. Before we sat down to eat, we decided to do the tossing of the garter and bouquet. The garter made for the most riotous fun. I sat in a chair between Mikal and the single men while he retrieved the garter (complete with the must have "wooOOoooo" from our guests). Mikal then turned around a few feet ahead of me and loaded the garter like a rubber band to shoot behind both of us towards the guys. However, the elastic in the lacy garter wasn't as springy as Mikal thought, so when he let it go, instead of it flying towards the single men, it lobbed slowly towards me and I caught it casually in my chair. Everyone fell over hysterically with laughter. He had to do it again and resorted to just tossing the thing over his shoulder lol. Our friend Scott caught it that time and sported it on his arm the rest of the day.

The rest of the days we had left at the beach, we hung out and vegetated to the best of our ability. I could have continued on in that fashion for another 70 years or so, but necessity dictated that we come back home. Curses!

My photographer took a ton of photos and I should get the disk from her soon. My dad had his business do the video work and that will be done in another month I'd guess. I'll post media as I get them :)

Now to check my 65 email messages and get some work caught up!

Glad you had fun and that the weather was good.

Ah the garter toss. I still have a painful memory of the one I was in two years ago, but I still got it. The myth of getting married after catching it of course was just that...a myth. All in good time though.

Congratulations and welcome back!

Glad to hear everything went well Vex.
Congratulations and welcome to the flock of those insane enough to get married. I'll have to show you our secret hand shake some time. Be sure and make sure your hubby does his share of the housework. He can suffer with me. :D

cool, congratulations on your marriage! glad the weather was good for you, NC certainly dodged a few bullets last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back