Outpost Discovery Panel/Booth Volunteers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benton188

RCO
Member DIN
S188
Hey everyone attending Outpost Discovery in Philly. FANGS and I are looking for some folks to help out with the panels at the event. There are two panels that will run once for each day at various times. One is a general meet the 405th and the other focuses on armor building, so the basic panels we should all be familiar with. The power point and talking points are all being handled through Division, so we're looking for volunteers to come talk their experience, share stories, and help in other ways throughout the panel (Designated passer of the props to the crowd and across the alleyways guy :p) We're looking to have a minimal of 3 and a max of 4 people per panel, and we're also looking to have the same consistent people throughout the weekend. We know that last bit might be hard, especially since not everyone can make it through the whole weekend, so we're also open to having to swap out for another person. TurboCharizard said he can help and is going to ask the Canadian folk coming down if they'd be interested in helping as well. Ashuraa I know you had already mentioned helping so I have you penciled in, but just need to know which panels and days you're available. If this is something that interests you, please comment which panels and days you can help out. Remember, team work makes the dream work :D

*Edit* The con operators require a short biography from everyone who will be on a panel. Please include the following in your request:
Real name
405th Name
How long you've been a member/how long you've been building armor
Daily occupation
A small story as to what got you into building Halo armor

That should be a feasible biography I think.

Last edited:
I didn't have any solid commitment for the Ladies panel so no. However, I'm open to doing this in Philly with you if you'd like. We could aim for just one day/30 minute panel? They are still open to adding more if we have them.

As well, it's fine that you can't do panels on Sunday. As Benton has mentioned we want to aim for all three days but 2 out of 3 for some is fine as well. I just want to make sure that we have at least a couple of people that are the same for all 3 days. I'll need your short bio paragraph asap, please and thanks!

Viper 466 (Foam Forge Cosplay) who is one of my favourite builders out there has thrown his name into the hat of Canadian members able to present at Outpost Philly. He has assured me that he will use only the Queen's English and make sure to over exaggerate the usage of the word "sorry" just to get a laugh from you American folks.

I would love to do the ladies panel with you FANGS . The only reason I am careful of Sunday is that we have to be on the road by 3pm ish because my husband has work the next day and we have a 5 hour drive home

Ashuraa - after some thought, I've decided not to submit for this. As much as I'd like to, I think we have so much on our plate already and I worry about making it all work.

As much as I love doing panels, ^^^ ^^^ this is why I'm looking for others to fill the role first. My main focus will be keeping track of everyone and making sure the booth is running fine with minimal hiccups. I can definitely fill in as a panelist if needed, that's no problem, but with so many of us being in Philly I want to give the opportunities to others first.

Also, yes we need a short biography from everyone who will be on panels. This is a request from the con operators. I will update the main post above for this.

Sign me up. I'm always down to chat armor construction be it Pep & Fiberglass (UGH) or Foam (YAY!)

To all those who said yes for panels.... I NEED BIOS WITH WITH YOUR INFORMATION PLEASE! LIKE, RIGHT NOW!

I'm going to fill out mine here so I can get it sent in.

Real name- Benton Samec
405th Name- Benton188
How long you've been a member/how long you've been building armor- Been a member and building armor for close to 6 years now
Daily occupation- Flooring Installer
A small story as to what got you into building Halo armor- I found out about Pepakura crafting at a local convention and immediately had an idea to build Halo armor using the technique. This lead me to the 405th site where I learned how to make and improve my craft. 7 suits later and I think I've got the hang of this haha.

Obviously serenko3 will be there (I'm posting for him atm, concussion still has him pretty messed up, it makes him dizzy looking at screens and text).

Hey everyone attending Outpost Discovery in Philly. FANGS and I are looking for some folks to help out with the panels at the event. There are two panels that will run once for each day at various times. One is a general meet the 405th and the other focuses on armor building, so the basic panels we should all be familiar with. The power point and talking points are all being handled through Division, so we're looking for volunteers to come talk their experience, share stories, and help in other ways throughout the panel (Designated passer of the props to the crowd and across the alleyways guy :p) We're looking to have a minimal of 3 and a max of 4 people per panel, and we're also looking to have the same consistent people throughout the weekend. We know that last bit might be hard, especially since not everyone can make it through the whole weekend, so we're also open to having to swap out for another person. TurboCharizard said he can help and is going to ask the Canadian folk coming down if they'd be interested in helping as well. Ashuraa I know you had already mentioned helping so I have you penciled in, but just need to know which panels and days you're available. If this is something that interests you, please comment which panels and days you can help out. Remember, team work makes the dream work :D

*Edit* The con operators require a short biography from everyone who will be on a panel. Please include the following in your request:
Real name
405th Name
Daily occupation

I will be there on Sunday if you guys still want the help

Just a quick update, I got everyone's bios (who gave me one) in for the panels so you're all squared away on that end. For any late comers to the thread who want in, fill out the bio still and I'll send it to off in case we need you for back-up or someone can't fill their spot. I also updated the thread title to include the volunteer work for the booth.

****PLEASE****, if you are attending and want the pass in, don't forget to sign up for the booth position right here: 405th HALO OUTPOST DISCOVERY SIGN UP FOR 2019 DATES

Also, I'm looking for anyone who'll be in Philly early to help with the set-up for the booth on Thursday, as well as anyone staying on Sunday to help with the tear down. I'm not sure what time we'll be able to get in there on Thursday for set-up but I'll keep you all posted.

Real name
405th Name
Daily occupation

Name: Ethan
Call tag: Hammer
About me: I joined the 405th after being made aware of it be Harri. And you know pretty simple guy loved halo after since I played it and been passionate about it ever since. Haven’t started making any armor yet tho sadly. But hopefully I can learn it here

405th Name: Rock Lobbster
How long you've been a member/how long you've been building armor: Being a member and building armor for about a year, still relatively new to all of this.
Daily occupation: Sales Service Representative at Nabisco and a full time college student
I saw an ODST cosplayer at NYCC 2010-2011 and wanted my own ever since, finally took the opportunity last summer and built my own set with the help of all the amazing people on here.
If you need someone who's newer to armorsmithing but still has a fair bit of experience in electronics and general crafting I'm your guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back