For those that are getting a free pass for volunteering (full volunteer), whenever you leave the booth area you have to let me or another full volunteer know.
For everyone else offering to help... You are welcome to come up to the booth and offer to help at anytime.
These rules still apply:
1. If you are wearing a costume or clothes that represent another franchise you cannot be behind the booth or represent the 405th (unless there is an emergency). This does not include children. 405th, Halo, or plain clothes only while at the booth.
2. If you make a verbal agreement to cover for someone while they step away, then you must stay until they get back or someone covers for you. Otherwise you're free to come and go as you please.
3. While repping at the booth please be polite and reserved. We need to leave a good impression so the booth can be invited back. This means, no yelling conversations, no wrestling, no treating the area like your bedroom and so on.
4. If you are not a full volunteer, please don't bring food to the booth unless it is to share. Light snacking is okay.
5. For the most part the way you can help at the booth is to keep the area orderly (costumes, props, trash pick up) and to engage with the congoers, talking about Halo or costuming. We do have handouts that you can give away, including: coloring book, crayons, 405th guide, business cards, stickers. These all cost me money to make so please give them away with consideration.
6. With costumes and props there is a general rule, "if it's not yours don't touch it." This is superceded if you leave your costumes or props in the way of others. There is no guarantee against breakage if it is brought into the booth area. We do have a weapon rack we allow congoers to hold and take photos with weapons. If you don't want yours held then we will provide zip ties so you can still store your weapon on the rack.
7. There will be times we all want to do the same thing, such as a photoshoot or a panel. In these times someone may have to sacrifice and stay at the booth. In certain situations we may be able to leave the booth unattended if we stow the valuables. That decision will be made in the moment depending on the situation.