Padding Options For Mk6 Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stopped by my hancock's today and got 1x18x18 in square of foam for 2.99. Not sure if it's just my store but they were having a 50% sale.. which ends today.. so I don't know why I mentioned it.

Fabric stores are always having a sale, its the weirdest thing b/c it means that all the listed prices really mean nothing, b/c you always will have to do some sort of math to figure out how much it really costs to you.

Master Sunsau said:
I was looking around trying to find options to use for padding and came along this wanted to be sure if it would work as I plan to glue it on the inside of all my armor parts for a more secure fit and to make it more comfortable the link is below tell me what you think.

http://www.closedcellfoams.com/neoprene.html

First, notice that that stuff you linked is 1/16th of an inch thick. It's basically what you make wetsuits out of. I'd suggest looking for something a lot thicker and that allows for more compression. Like these guys have said, foam like this is available at almost all fabric and craft stores. If it's too scratchy, find some fabric and create a little "pillowcase" for it (since hey, convenient, fabric store).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back