PAINTING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i was wondering if anyone has any Ideas that i can use to paint this guy a different color?

H2F3.jpg

WATCHIN RED VS. BLUE HALO 3 BETA.
H2F2.jpg

PLAYIN SOME HALO 2.
H2F1.jpg

POSING FOR THE CAMERA. LoL

"I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR IDEAS"

Get a testers model spray kit. It has a air can and paints for you to use together, you can make a model paint bottle into a sprayer easily. If i remember, the kits are 20-30 dollars.

Hmm I used to paint pewter miniatures :) This looks like a fun project.

Some of the nerd shops (I say this with 100% love to D&D and Warhammer) sell 'Citadel' brand paints. They have a lot of really lovely metallic colors/finishes to choose from. You'll want to prime the figure if you decide to use these paints. They'll stick better to primer and you won't have to worry about the original color showing through.

This isn't my work, but it is an awesome example of top notch mini painting. Whatever colors you choose, the realism comes from including shadows and highlights. There are some good tutorials out there on how to do 'washes' which saves a lot of time on the shadows (the watery dark colors just fall into the crannies). Also, buy some good quality brushes of varying thicknesses to save some headache :)

worldeat1.jpg

I like this little guy because of how they blend a blood red into a burning orange. Just looks darn cool.
I could see that fiery/phoenix color scheme looking really good on a teeny spartan :D.

phoenix.jpg

Even rustoleum or krylon spray paint will work, just tape up the under armor and areas you dont want painted, then spray on!

AoBfrost said:
Even rustoleum or krylon spray paint will work, just tape up the under armor and areas you dont want painted, then spray on!

walmart may have paint, my suggestion is go to a hobbystore if you have one. Maybe like hobbytown, the best way to paint that figure is the small bottles of modle paint (testers will be fine) and use a small brush.

Last edited by a moderator:
THANKS GUYS and GIRLS those ideas are AWESOME ill try and get one of the things out of the ideas. or maybe more materials. and when the project is done ill be sure to post up some new pictures of what he will look like.

A brush will never look smooth it will look lumpy, use spray cans of tester paint. They have model paint in small little 2-3 dollar cans. Paint brushing would be for small details such as the blue leds on the side of MC"s helmet, his vents, and other small details.

AoBfrost said:
A brush will never look smooth it will look lumpy, use spray cans of tester paint. They have model paint in small little 2-3 dollar cans. Paint brushing would be for small details such as the blue leds on the side of MC"s helmet, his vents, and other small details.

thanks for that idea i would rather spray it anyway. but i need a small brush for his lights on the sides of his helmet and other small stuff and i could use a small brush to make my own custom EMBLEM on his shoulder. plus I'm gonna use painter tape and put it on his under Armor stuff and his visor so he don't get ruined. and ill also have to use a bit of silver paint with a small brush to add the battle look to it like it was scratched or something idk. but thanks for the idea. ~BullDogg~

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back