PAX East 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

arma358

Member DIN
S358
Hey folks,

If you're interested in doing PAX East things next year let me know! I'd like to get together a panel, and the like. :) I don't quite know when it is, but should be announced soon.

I've been wanting to go to PAX East the last 2 years now, just missed the dates before. Now that I'm finally finished my costume and putting some additional detail on it, I really want to head over this upcoming year.

PAX is short for Penny Arcade Expo. It's a larger gaming con, and there's 4 primary ones, along with a new one they've introduced. PAX East is the one in Colonial. West (formally called Prime) in Washington, South in Texas, and Australia in the location it's named after rounds out the main PAXes. Finally, there's Unplugged which is just about board gaming in Philadelphia.

I'm flying up on Wednesday and staying till Saturday night, got passes for Thursday and Friday. The flights through southwest are $130 round trip. Using points to pay for it. Who else is going?

Hope you all have a wonderful time this weekend in Boston. Do to financial difficulties i wont be attending this year.

I won't be in any sort of armor today, but I -will- be around. Tomorrow, I'll likely be wearing just my helmet and my 405th hoodie as a casual "armorer couldn't finish his armor" cosplay, with my full new set being worn on Saturday.

Sorry to hear that ObiJ3ff......I wish good tidings towards your wallet......

I won't be in any sort of armor today, but I -will- be around. Tomorrow, I'll likely be wearing just my helmet and my 405th hoodie as a casual "armorer couldn't finish his armor" cosplay, with my full new set being worn on Saturday.
Don't forget pictures and a report on the goings-on. I haven't been to PAX East but it's on the bucket list.

They have a bunch of free Xbox Swag at the Xbox Ambassadors booth in the diversity lounge. Dont forget to stop by there.

Apparently Ahman Green now has a selfie with me at rhe LucidSound booth. Though I had no idea who it was at the time. I was chilling playing BO4 when he asked, then while I was getting up someone was like "Do you know who this is?" And all I heard over the convention sounds was played for the Green Bay Packers. After some researdh later I found out it was Ahman Green who was there for a madden tournament at the Lucid Sound booth. Also met arma358 there on Thurday. Now its time to head home though, gonna tour Boston over Saturday if I can't get a pass. I had a great time and got stopped for 75+pictures in two days. All in all I had a great time.

I am so, so sorry we didn't get pictures together, HATE Recon! I was with my streaming friends whom I only get to see at PAX East, and they were dragging me along for a bit. In either case, it was wonderful to meet you, and I really do hope that we see you at Sci-Fi Valley Con here in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back