pdo's on pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC PwN 3R

so i used the gravity hammer by supertaco, but its in the file of pdo. when i opened it on pepakura, it comes nice but when i unfold it, its all messed up with spikes everywhere and everything all pitch black. anyway to reverse this or is there a different solution?

MC PwN 3R said:
so i used the gravity hammer by supertaco, but its in the file of pdo. when i opened it on pepakura, it comes nice but when i unfold it, its all messed up with spikes everywhere and everything all pitch black. anyway to reverse this or is there a different solution?

Do the next in this order:
1. Unfold
2. Scale
3. Change all flaps width

and all fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice! one problem, 130something pages for the model. can i crop it and make it seperate parts, such as head, handle and the butt end? can i use a different program to do this?

MC PwN 3R said:
nice! one problem, 130something pages for the model. can i crop it and make it seperate parts, such as head, handle and the butt end? can i use a different program to do this?

You do not need different program.
Do the following:
1. Unfold Undo WITHOUT checked "Apply open edges to 3D model"
2. Go to menu "3D ModelWindow" to item "Show Object List"
3. Select/unselect objects you want remove/remain in 3D window, for example in gravhammer you can select only object named "mesh 11 geometry" for remain only hammerhandle in 3D window.
4. NOTE! Before Unfold operation you can define any edges on 3D model view as Open/Closed edge. To enter "Pick open/closed edge" mode go to menu "3D ModelWindow" to item "Edit Mode" -> "Pick Open Edge." Now you can define any edge as you want open or closed. It gives you possibility to define every face in model as particular paper piece! There will be a LOT of small pieces, but at least you CAN PRINT them on standard paper.
5. UNFOLD! without "Auto" checked - it will unfolded by YOUR defined edges in previous step. Mostly.
6. SCALE!
7. Change all flaps width.
8. If you can - use BIG printer for big details. Eg A3 format. Or plotter with roll paper, on roll you can get A0 prints :) If you can not - there is no other way than split parts and spread them on several pages. To put them together - use your creativity. If you can not - buy the assembled thing already!

Be happy

bevbor said:
You do not need different program.
Do the following:
1. Unfold Undo WITHOUT checked "Apply open edges to 3D model"
2. Go to menu "3D ModelWindow" to item "Show Object List"
3. Select/unselect objects you want remove/remain in 3D window, for example in gravhammer you can select only object named "mesh 11 geometry" for remain only hammerhandle in 3D window.
4. NOTE! Before Unfold operation you can define any edges on 3D model view as Open/Closed edge. To enter "Pick open/closed edge" mode go to menu "3D ModelWindow" to item "Edit Mode" -> "Pick Open Edge." Now you can define any edge as you want open or closed. It gives you possibility to define every face in model as particular paper piece! There will be a LOT of small pieces, but at least you CAN PRINT them on standard paper.
5. UNFOLD! without "Auto" checked - it will unfolded by YOUR defined edges in previous step. Mostly.
6. SCALE!
7. Change all flaps width.
8. If you can - use BIG printer for big details. Eg A3 format. Or plotter with roll paper, on roll you can get A0 prints :) If you can not - there is no other way than split parts and spread them on several pages. To put them together - use your creativity. If you can not - buy the assembled thing already!

Be happy
i am happy now! thanks! i know i sound kinda nooby but hey, its something new and i kinda need to clarify...none of the tuts are about this so i kinda needed this...if theres a mod out there, can u sticky this plz, it might not just be me with this problem.

Heres how to solve the world's problems.

Before unfolding when you mouse over the model, you can specify seperate pieces and edges, seperate the hammer's head, then unfold it, scale it to the right size, then change tab widths by choosing the klast option, I think it was "other configuration" then choose "flap config" change all flaps to 5-10 and you wont see spikes.

Use material for face also helps to change it into a white pattern, not all black,

Then start cutting away, make sure you cut them so no tabs will be left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back