Pep and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeTheSniper

Well I have a few questions since I'd like to try my hand at making some of the files :3
-Have people bought pepakura designer? Or is the trial have enough features to design it in full?
- Can you make the image in a different 3d modeler and import it into pep then unfold it?
- Is there a free version of pep designer?
- I've been reading about visors and was wondering if there was a stickied thread on making them. If so could someone link me that? (i read about vacuum forming but all i've seen is people make molds for their armors from it.
Thats all for now thank you for those who reply.

Unless you feel the need to save the files, the trial is enough but consider supporting the developers.
The visor depends on what armor you're making, for instance spartan armor usually is simply a motorcycle visor placed into the helmet while I know that ODST helmets often require the vacuum forming technique.

Unless you feel the need to save the files, the trial is enough but consider supporting the developers.
The visor depends on what armor you're making, for instance spartan armor usually is simply a motorcycle visor placed into the helmet while I know that ODST helmets often require the vacuum forming technique.

Well I want to make an ODST one and I was considering just using the mold technique after I pep the whole helmet then cut out the visor part and create a mold from that. Someone spoke of clear cast resin? and the vacuum forming just makes a mold so I dont see why you need to do that just for the visor. You could make others but could someone explain the signifigance?

Well no. What I have seen done is that due to the complex shape of the ODST visor, a mold will first be made out of bondo. You then vacuum form clear/colored/whatever heated plastic over that mold to give you your shaped visor.
See this.

Edit: And here is another method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back