Pep glues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow3944

okay, so I have a problem. Which glues can I use on my pep armor that doesn't disolve from resin? Would a regular glue stick work? Or will I have to stay with super glue? Just don't want to mess up my armor with a disolveable glue. :U

hot glue, its worth the pain. it goes 100,000x faster. plus superglue you'll end up gluing your fingers together and you'll need alot of tubes of it. hot glue hot glue hot glue

yeah... I don't have hot glue...

My question goes back to this: Would a gluestick (Like office max brand) work?

any glue would work, but consider this:

a helm is a few hundred folds and glues. do you want to squeeze the tabs together waiting for glue to dry for a minute per fold, or wait 3-5 seconds for the hot glue to dry. plus the hot glue won't release the way other glues will - hot glue is by far and away the best and really only way to do pepakura. a mini hotglue gun at walmart is like 5 bucks, pack of gluesticks 2-3. do it right dude, bite the bullet and spend a whopping 10 dollars, and you'll have it forever

Check the *** Ultimate Pepakura Glue *** topic.
In my opinion it is far superior to hot glue, or any
other gluing method. It dries just as fast a hot glue
and is way more forgiving.

Just my .02 cents! ;)

Searched the glue topic, didn't find the topic.
I do need to know one thing for tonight though, will an officemax gluestick work?

Shadow3944 said:
Searched the glue topic, didn't find the topic.
I do need to know one thing for tonight though, will an officemax gluestick work?

No, a regular glue stick wont work. As soon as you start putting a strain on one of
your glued connections, it will just start coming apart. Glue sticks just don't have
the strength. The Ultimate Glue topic is here:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7423

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back