Pep Helmet scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

qpJaKeWaGGqp

Ok so I'm trying to make an ironman helmet and I'm not sure how to scale it. If I make the scale factor bigger, than the pieces span multiple pages and I don't know how to fix that. Any ideas on how to scale correctly or how to make it so I can make it so I can cut the big pieces into smaller ones?

If you right click on the 2d side of the pepakura software (the right side) you will get a few tools you can use. If you use the measure between two points option you can see the distance between two pieces on the 3d model and compare that with the measurements of your head. After a bit of tinkering you should hopefully get a good idea of what your size is. There are also many tutorials out there like: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f32/how-scale-your-pepakura-armour-tutorial-35523/. To break pieces up into smaller parts use the tool join/disjoin face when you right click. Sorry if its not too clear. Feel free to ask for clarification.

From personal experience it seems the tricky part for sizing is usually the width (ear to ear), so my suggestion is use that as a guide when trying to size your helmet. If you want to save time in case you make a mistake, use the neck seal as the first part so you don't make too much of it before you realize you may have sized it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back