Pep Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vader

Does anyone have a good pep file of the visor? I know it's sort of backwards, but I was just hoping... with the double visor look and all...

Vader said:
Does anyone have a good pep file of the visor? I know it's sort of backwards, but I was just hoping... with the double visor look and all...
In Slyfo's thread, a couple of pep visors (CQB and EVA) are included. I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

EDIT: Oops, never mind. You were looking for the double-visor type.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I can do a regular visor and add the extra stuff, I think. I'm not even sure that there's such a thing, because isn't the dual layer sort of just on there? I mean, it's not likethe model in the game has any depth to it, it's just lines on the visor, right?

well as for lines in the visor from looking at my halo 3 poster they do look like just lines in the visor

crackhead09 said:
well as for lines in the visor from looking at my halo 3 poster they do look like just lines in the visor
actually your right its just lines but if my freind can get a hold of his cousin Nathan the graphics guy maybe he could tell me!

FAT CHANCE THOUGH ! :mad:

SPARTAN 3622 said:
actually your right its just lines but if my freind can get a hold of his cousin Nathan the graphics guy maybe he could tell me!

FAT CHANCE THOUGH ! :mad:

rawr, man.

as for the main topic, I haven't seen any pep files of MC's visor anywhere in this forum, so doubt that there is one. But, we can hope. Send a message to Flying squirrel or slyfo and request it! they're pretty good with pepakura, and could probably make one.

Slyfo doesn't make or really modify 3D models. He took the ones from Halo 3, divided them into pieces, then posted them.

Flying_squirrel, NK-TZ, DF4L, and I are the only people who really make/modify 3D models for pepakura. I'll make the visor detail available when I make my high detail helmet model, even though most people won't use it.

Hey thanks, Robo, I think that'd be groovy.
No rush, though. I think I may be able to print out just a visor from DF4L's and use that.

well the legendary helmet will tell you that those are not lines, but rather raised parts as indicated in the dual visor tutorial.

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that - Dealing with just the game graphics is a bit odd at times, I suppose. And then again, it all goes to how 'accurate' accurate is. Is it accurate to have a dual-layer visor, or is it accurate to have a single layer with some sort of tint on it?

Thankfully here it seems that there's a bit of leeway with what is 'accurate.' You get into other areas and people get crazy with what 'accurate' is. I know from working on my Vader, there are four different versions, one for each movie (RotS, ANH, ESB, RotJ). And in some cases, each version has a couple of variations (Hero, Stunt, etc.) I could go into some real details here, but I digress. It's an ongoing argument in some circles. And that's just Vader.

how 'accurate' accurate is
Its a bit tricky really, thats one of the things I like about making halo helmets, its open to much more artistic interpretation, because the surfaces contain very little geometry for details, its really down to your own personal view of how the normal map should be created in real life.

I agree - and I sort of do that with my Vader as well. I like parts of all the different Vaders, so I try to incorporate my favorite parts into my costume.

With the MC, I know there's a lot of debate as to which parts are the undersuit and which are the armor. I like to think that the inner thighs and the upper chest piece are part of the armor, just black instead of green. And I really like the freedom this gives everyone to come up with their own ideas and methods to accomplish this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back