Pepakura Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

shearme

Jr Member
So, I started making the pistol from Halo: CE and got most of it down; just need to do all the little pieces. And I made a grenade while resting from cutting out all those tiny bits and pieces.

What I have so far. (main body of the gun, the clip, and part of the scope)
IM000079.jpg

Me holding it.
IM000080.jpg

I won't be able to reach the trigger. :(
IM000081.jpg

My Grenade:
IM000078.jpg

In hand:
IM000077.jpg

Looks pretty good, not sure how you're going to fiberglass them, if you even plan on it, but otherwise I like them.

Damorian said:
Looks pretty good, not sure how you're going to fiberglass them, if you even plan on it, but otherwise I like them.

I don't think I will... they kind of suck.

spartan 26 said:
pretty good

I know, they suck... shut up :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay I finished my pistol!!! -- Sort of... I had to cheat somewhere in the process (since I suck) and at least a fourth of it is made out of hot glue. But it was a nice first try right? It still needs some cleaning up and for some of the glue to be melted flatter so I'll do that tonight. :)

IM000082.jpg

IM000083.jpg

IM000084.jpg

IM000085.jpg

ShearMe that looks real good.

I am going to start working on weapons soon so I just want to ask, are you supposed to scale the weapons just like you do armor? That pistol looks enormous, I so I was wondering is it because the creator has small hands or because the weapons need to be scaled.

leegrisham said:
ShearMe that looks real good.

I am going to start working on weapons soon so I just want to ask, are you supposed to scale the weapons just like you do armor? That pistol looks enormous, I so I was wondering is it because the creator has small hands or because the weapons need to be scaled.
I don't think so, because the weapons are going to be the same size no matter how big you are. I suppose if you are really small, scaling may be necessary, but since they are 1:1 models of in-game weapons, hey shouldn't be tampered with. Think about it, if you and another person that is bigger than you have the same airsoft gun, is your's going to be smaller than his?

Well mine is kinda of big... its hard to reach the trigger. I suppose it would be ok to scale it but there are some pretty difficult folds. My hands arent small, and not big... they're sausage-like :D

EDIT: Here's my jackal shield I built in one afternoon:

IM000087.jpg

IM000088.jpg

IM000089.jpg

IM000090.jpg

If you can't tell by the pics, its about a torso tall and a little bit short on the wideness, but that's mainly because of the grooves on either side. It's a bit flimsy (its made out of paper, duh) so I'll try hot gluing some squewers onto the back. What I'd like to see is a more experienced member making a smooth one of these :D Twas difficult for me at one point cuz I had to move from my desk to my bed, but if I try this again later I'll be doing it on the floor for sure ;)

So, I did in fact add some bamboo skewers to the back side of the jackal shield:

IM000091.jpg

IM000092.jpg

IM000093.jpg

Yes, those are twist ties and I did glue the center piece onto the plasma part of the shield. I know all this wouldn't be favorable if I was going to resin it, but I'm not. All of these are just me testing out what I can and can't do as far as pepakura goes. When I'm able to get the resin and fiberglass I will be re-building these better ;)

LastSpartan said:
Try using less glue on your tabs. Will be easier later.

That excess glue is for support along with the skewers, but thanks :)

someone finaly used my jackal shield pdo :)
i didnt put it to scale on purpose, otherwise the main pieces would have been cut up, and it wouldn't have been very sturdy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back