Pepakura Designer Question: Simplifying the folds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halod One

All,

I want to attempt to make Master Chief's armor from stainless steel. I have all the tools I would need but I am curious if you can simplify the folds on the pepakura designer. Obviously, with the steel I would still trace the patterns and then cut them out and weld together. But, I have noticed that some folds are only in the paper, well, because its paper and its flat and you are making 3D objects. So, I am really curious if can manually take folds out or simply the pattern.

Any help would be appreciated!

Go to 'settings', then 'other settings' and then set the threshold to '0'.

This will remove all of the fold marks.

Great, thanks! Is there anyway to not remove them all? Or, is it all or nothing? I don't want to remove them all but I want to remove the unnecessary folds since I would not be using paper. I have noticed on my current build that there will be large panels with a fold directly through the middle of the panel. I guess I don't understand why it is that way. Maybe it is to help the structural integrity of the paper since the panel is large.

Side Question:
Do the folks that build with foam use the same pepakura designer or do they use something else since they are using a different material?

Thanks again for the help!

Just play with the threshold until you find an angle setting that you like.

You can also change the color of certain folds to white using the 'set edge color' button or Ctrl+E. Select all targets, select white paint and choose which folds in the 2D window that you don't want to see or print.

Make sure that you turn off the 'set materials to faces' button as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back